This is a Poll for those that had Covid and lost their sense of smell and taste

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

poacherjoe

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Nov 7, 2019
Central Ca
How many of you folks that have recovered from Covid are still lacking smell and taste? Me and my Wife had mild symptoms and just quarantined till we got over it. It's been about 3 month's since we recovered from it but I am way down on the smell and taste scale and some people have told me that they are at 14 month's and still don't have all their senses working properly.

Wife and I tested positive on 03/28. I had mild flu-like symptoms and never lost either. She lost her right awat and was hospitalized on day 10 with covid and double pnemonia. Stayed for a week. Hers starting coming back around about 4 wks after positive results. All good after 6 wks.

Reactions: poacherjoe
In all honesty I was so sic taste/smell didn't even register with me. I may have been close to going into the hospital due to breathing issues, got lucky and didn't have to, I am still down on wind and energy , I still require more sleep to recoup my energy ,

Had it in Dec. My smell and taste is still not 100%. I use to have a very sensitive nose and taste but not anymore. There are some things that I can not smell at all and others smell off. At this point I don't think it will fully come back.

Had it in Dec. My smell and taste is still not 100%. I use to have a very sensitive nose and taste but not anymore. There are some things that I can not smell at all and others smell off. At this point I don't think it will fully come back.
That's where I am at too and it sucks to not be able to enjoy certain things but I will keep my fingers crossed that everything comes back to normal !

Reactions: 912smoker
Wife and I had it in November last year. We had textbook mild cases.

My smell and taste was wonky for about a week total. Never lost either completely but things like coffee just tasted completely wrong.
My wife lost her smell completely for about 2 weeks, then it came back.

This isn't my personal experience but I have a buddy having a tough time. He cought COVID pretty strongly last April or may but no hospital trip. He says most food smells and tastes horrible to him still. He's struggling to just try and find stuff he can rely upon.
Also this issue has changed where some foods he could stand are now a no go, so his options are reducing not increasing. I hope it gets better for him and everyone experiencing the same thing.

It was a few weeks for me. Had a pretty serious case. Luckily my only long term side effect is my hair on my head stopped growing. Not my beard, just my head. Go figure.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky