• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Thinking on getting rid of my pellet smoker. Opinions?

old sarge

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Nov 26, 2012
Simple is always best even if you have to feed it occasionally. However set it and forget it works real well. Tough decision.

SFLsmkr1

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Dec 25, 2010
I have a vertical pellet smoker, good for sausage and small butts/brisket.

Cant have a stick burner here in the resort but i do have a weber kettle and its hard to beat.

Central PA Cowboy

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Oct 10, 2017
I have a vertical pellet smoker, good for sausage and small butts/brisket.

Cant have a stick burner here in the resort but i do have a weber kettle and its hard to beat.
Do you use your Weber Kettle to smoke? If so, how long does charcoal normally last in it?

hawtsauc3

Meat Mopper
Joined Jan 27, 2016
I was really getting tempted to switch over to pellet, because while I love my WSM I hate that it takes about an hour to get it up and running between getting the charcoal basket lit an up to temp, the smoker setup, and the smoker set to temp, but even with that annoyance I've basically heard every single who's went charcoal to pellet say they went back to charcoal.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.