Thighs on UDS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

elkhorn98

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Feb 4, 2007
Occidental, CA
Did some thighs, kielbasa, beans, and a fatty. Took about 1.75 hours at 275. Had a little trouble...shut it down to open it and had a hard time getting the temp up then it almost ran away. Lucky I was nearby to close off some intakes. Followed Myron Mixon's glaze recipe and it was pretty tasty.

Last edited:
Reactions: gary s
Nice..............
drool.gif

Great Job, Fantastic Color I really like watching these UDS cooks, it seems like they all produce excellent results

icon14.gif

points1.png

Gary

Yeah I am now a UDS believer. I just sold my cheap offset and am planning a 30 gal build for camping and small cooks.

Just when I thought It couldn't get any better    Good Job !!!

Gary

Interestingly the beans came out really spicy. I sautéed 2 diced sweet peppers and added ~1 tbs of rub and some worcheshire sauce. Do pepper seeds give off heat when cooked? I'm not sure what happened.

Interestingly the beans came out really spicy. I sautéed 2 diced sweet peppers and added ~1 tbs of rub and some worcheshire sauce. Do pepper seeds give off heat when cooked? I'm not sure what happened.
You must be pretty sensitive to heat? Actually yes, any pepper seeds and membranes can have some small quantity of capsasin. It is amplified with cooking. I have had peppers I could eat raw but when cooked they are so hot your face burns just from chopping them up. If you don't like the heat you will want to throw out the seeds and especially the membranes. That is where the bulk of the heat is.  Anyway, great looking chow there man!

Last edited:
That must be it. My daughter eats them raw in her lunch but it was too much heat cooked. I like med to hot food and it was a little too hot. Bearable just a little too hot.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky