thighs and drummies

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

stiffyman

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 18, 2007
NM
I will be doing thighs and drumies, i am assuming the drummies wont take as long, what woul most recommend, thighs first then add the drummies so there done near same time? what is the time frame for drummies at about 250 degrees? thanks

hey stiffyman, There are various temps us smokers use to cook legs and thighs all depending on our preferences and  units. Some do it low and slow and some hot and fast. Some like to crisp on the grill. I just did some thighs last week and took a whack at it at 275 for three hrs moving and switching them back and forth towards the heat source so the sugar in the rub would not char. I tend to like my thighs a little dryer but pinkish in the inside. Mine came out great and I have another two gal bags full sittin in some rub for a smoke tomorrow. I would smoke it all at once but keep the thighs closer to the heat source......

good luck and happy smoking

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky