ThermPro remote thermometers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokedtrout

Original poster
Sep 28, 2014
Just a quick post about my experience with ThermPro. After going through 3 of these in a year and a half, I have decided that this brand is rubbish. I will not be relying on these anymore. The tend to fail less than a year in.

Just a quick post about my experience with ThermPro. After going through 3 of these in a year and a half, I have decided that this brand is rubbish. I will not be relying on these anymore. The tend to fail less than a year in.
Check out Inkbird if you are still looking. Have good products at a decent price and good customer service. Plus they sometimes have specials for us on the forum. Inkbirdbbq Inkbirdbbq will probably drop by if she knows you’re checking it out.

ThermPro? Never heard of it. How about Thermopro? If so, what model?
Correct, Thermopro. Model TP20. Allegedly rated #1 on Amazon, but they are trash.

Screenshot_20220508-061418_Samsung Internet.jpg

I've had my TP-08 for close to seven years and finally just died last month.I certainly have no reason to complain about ThermoPro but I did replace it with an Inkbird IRF-4S because the deal was to good to pass up and Inkbird is a forum sponsor.Plus their customer service is second to none.

Reactions: dr k and bigfurmn
Check out Inkbird if you are still looking. Have good products at a decent price and good customer service. Plus they sometimes have specials for us on the forum. Inkbirdbbq Inkbirdbbq will probably drop by if she knows you’re checking it out.
I ordered this yesterday. A friend of mine who also smokes quite a bit has one and swears by it. Clearly it's higher priced, but, I think you get what you pay for.
Screenshot_20220508-063528_Samsung Internet.jpg

I've had my TP-08 for close to seven years and finally just died last month.I certainly have no reason to complain about ThermoPro but I did replace it with an Inkbird IRF-4S because the deal was to good to pass up and Inkbird is a forum sponsor.Plus their customer service is second to none.
Great price for sure! I just ordered one as a birthday gift for my son! It was 50% off at Amazon and only cost about $24!

Me to. For $30, water resistence, 1,500 ft range, 4 probe,and rechargeable the IRF-4S is a great deal. Mostly as a back up now but for night smokes will add this for the oven range alarm if the smoker fails and gets too hot or cold even though my bluetooth has the range alarm but the Inkbird app still crashes but not a problem with this rf therm.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky