Thermometers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

super fly

Original poster
May 6, 2011
I bought a ET-732. Do you guys recommend still adding holes to the lid and adding two bi-metals at grate level or will the ET-732 with it's dual probes be fine. I figure I just put the one probe in the meat and the other one through an onion and set it on the grate in the middle of the MC. Thanks.

Edit: It's a Duo with SFB.

Last edited:
Superfly,you would be somewhat secure in the heat as it is,however the Therms. at each end are handy to watch you total heat.This is only an option if you can afford them,Bass Pro has some Webber Therms. for $14 or so;me? I'd do it.have fun and...

As far as knowing the temp. I seem to always have more than one probe in there. I check them for accuracy all the time, but you never know when one is going to fail. I'm almost embarrassed to say that I have 9 Accu-rites & 4 Taylor Therms. I didn't have to pay for them all, but that's another story.

I also have 2 instant read therms.

I decided to try out my ET-732 yesterday so I figured it couldn't hurt to season it again. I wanted to see what my temperature difference was from side to side. I first tested both probes in boiling water; one was 214 and the other(food probe) was jumping from 214-216. At first it looked like things were going well, both temps were climbing together. Then the far side probe(not SFB side) stopped climbing while the SFB side kept going up. They were holding at 35-40 difference for quite awhile. I was expecting a difference from side to side but not so much of a difference, i figured about 10. They difference did drop to about 10 degrees but it took quit some time for it to do so. Just wondering if I'm doing something wrong or if there is something I can do differently. I have the coal try upside down for a baffle. I put one chimney of unlit in the basket and then poured a lit chimney on top of that. Thanks for any tips/advice.

93816a37_photo.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky