thermapen open box sale

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fordman

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jul 27, 2008
Whats the general thoughts on the open box sale it a good deal or a hit or miss in getting a good one. Figured from the factory they wouldn't want any bad pr so would think they would be ok.

Here is the original post with a link to the "sale"

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/157084/thermopen-open-box-sale-is-on-again#post_1129041

When I bought mine two years ago, what they shipped me was a new thermopen in a sealed retail blister pack (ie, it was not an open box but a brand spanking new and previously unopened unit).  A lot of people have posted they also received units in a retail blister pack.  They also have the full regular warranty.

Thermoworks seems to do this every year right after Christmas.  I don't know if they are clearing the shelves of last years stock (and it's not like they come out with changes to the thermopen either is it).  They did add the back-lit model to the "open box" sale this year.

Bottom line is if you want a thermopen, this is the only discounted version I've ever seen the factory put out there.   I don't think I've ever seen a negative post about them or this sale before.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky