Theres a storm brewin for FL Gulf Coast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
There are all kinds of crews in FL it depends on what kind you hire. I'm sure Mike will get a good company to do the work if he doesn't know one his insurance company probably does.
Look for ISA (international society of arboriculture) certified arborists. It's still no guarantee, but the odds of getting competent crews on site are greatly increased. You can go to their website and search for certified arborists in your area. The ISA doesn't just hand out these certifications. The test written test is quite involved, and you can't even test unless you have a certain level of education, experience on the job, or a combination of those.

1693518563081.png

Keeping it also involves continuing education. Mine has lapsed long ago since I am no longer physically able for the job.

Last edited:
Reactions: indaswamp
I just talked to Brian. They are all ok. No power or internet. He's running on generator right now so he might not be on for a bit.
I'ma tad late here but thanks so much for the update Adam. Glad to hear Brian and his family are OK.
We got lucky it made landfall south and east of us so we didn't get anything other than a nice breeze and some much needed rain.
Jerry....thanks a ton for chiming in and letting us know that you and Karen are OK. Was pretty concerned sir.
We came out fine, got 5” of rain & some gusty winds, but no real damage.
Thank God!! It did look from the weather map that the worst of the storm was north of you but man, you're still cleaning up from the last one. You and Judy sure don't need another one to deal with.

Robert

Still on generator but internet is back. It was bad around us but we got lucky with the heavily wooded areas on 3 sides of us and that too the beating.

Lots of folks displaced. Operation BBQ Relief is setup in Live Oak 25 minutes from us.

Glad to have real internet back.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky