The Weekend was a Disaster !! (AKA--Missing Bear)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Yea its tough when ya have to scramble like that. Very hectic. . . glad things turned out.

None of this stuff used to bother me, until this oxygen became necessary. PITA !!
I got my new replacement Inogen, so I'm OK.

Bear

Power outages suck! Especially when they happen that much when you're dependent on your oxygen machine! Sounds like your football team is pretty dang good! Good to hear things are getting beary much better for ya! :emoji_blush:

Ryan

Thank You Ryan!!
This must be the best Football Team We've had since the "60s". The State playoffs should be interesting!!

Bear

Really sucks that you Prepared for such an event and your Backup systems fail. Glad to hear all is back to normal...JJ

I'm a little late for this one John. Glad you got it fixed with Bear Jr's help. Your Team seems like they should go all the way in the Playoffs. We got our Pfizer booster shots Tuesday. We're still wearing masks whenever we go into any stores, etc though. Just to be sure.

Good to see ya around again John. Hope all gets straightened out quickly!

Thanks Jake!!
Everything is OK now, except the Gas Back-up heat, and supposedly that's getting fixed today.

Bear

Congrats on the booster and sorry your weekend sucked but the good news is you are able to complain about it. Glad Bear Jr was there to help. Sure wish my son would be capable of doing that. He can't even take care of himself these days.

Thank You Daspy!!
I Appreciate that !!

Bear

Holy Bear! Sounds like a crazy few days.

Thank You Brian!!
Yup, wasn't a lot of fun!

Bear

Hope all is well.
We very rarely lose power here.
When we lived in the Seattle area it was a regular" get used to it" so I bought a generator.

Thank You FA !!!
Hopefully All is well.
My Oxygen is working, my power has been working since Monday, and the Heat guys just left about an hour ago, saying we're good to go. We'll See.

Bear

Wow so much failed at once. At least it happened now before the weather gets super cold or you encounter a severe weather event and need all that stuff working. Those things seem to be happening more often and out of nowhere these days.

Grats on the win! :D

Thank You Tall !!
Yup---Much worse when it's real cold out. Our lows were about 29°, so without heat, we were at about 66° in the morning, and my big southern facing windows warm it up pretty fast in the afternoon. This is the only house we ever had power & phone problems. I guess it's just old lines & far from the source.

Bear

Reactions: Fueling Around
cold one last night
hope you kept warm

one of the first things the power line guys do here is look for dead squirrels on the ground

Thanks Bob!!
The "Thermal Mass" of a Log House is a big help when heating a house.
Hmmm Fried Squirrel---Love It !!

Bear

Really sucks that you Prepared for such an event and your Backup systems fail. Glad to hear all is back to normal...JJ

Thanks Jimmy---Glad you noticed:
#1---I switched Heat Pumps from "Electric Back-up" to "Gas Back-up", so when we lost power, my Generator could keep my heat going on back-up, but then we lose power & the Gas part isn't working!!
#2---I bought an Inogen Battery powered Oxygen Concentrator, so I can have Oxygen when the power goes out, and the "Charging Port" goes bad in it.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

When it rains, it pours. Hope this is your last run of bad luck for the year, John.
I won't be able to get my booster shot until the first week of Dec--can't get one within 6 months of the second one.
Gary

Thank You Gary!!
Yup---We were about 7 months since our second ones.

Bear

I'm a little late for this one John. Glad you got it fixed with Bear Jr's help. Your Team seems like they should go all the way in the Playoffs. We got our Pfizer booster shots Tuesday. We're still wearing masks whenever we go into any stores, etc though. Just to be sure.

Thank You Mike!
I was surprised---When we got our shots, most people in the store were wearing masks, as they should be.
Our Football team "Quakertown Panthers" won their first round play-off game Friday Night, by a score of "33 to 7".

Bear

Reactions: MJB05615
Glad to hear things are on the mend John. Did you have to fire up the weber Q during the outages to get some food going?

Thank You John!!
No, anything I do causes more O2 needed, and with the portable on the blink, I did very little.

Bear

Dang man that mountain living isn't always so great. Glad to see everything is back up and running.

Warren

Thank You Warren!!
Yup--Everything gets to us last, up here in High Country. LOL

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky