The ultimate smoked pork tenderloin...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bgaviator

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 9, 2010
F66594A6-6F02-4178-88AA-77D155B134D4.jpeg
8684BC86-2A92-4CE3-AC69-7277807B5FF8.jpeg

Granted I’ve only done a few pork tenderloins since getting my Kamado Joe....but after trying this Traeger recipe for applewood smoked pork tenderloin, I can’t see it getting much better than this! I will post the recipe. I only used one tenderloin compared to it calling for two in this recipe. I also doubled the marinade as I wanted to completely submerse the pork. I also brined overnight as opposed to just a few hours. I was able to order the Traeger rub on Amazon.
I smoked it at 250 with two chunks apple wood. Only took about an hour. Stopped it when my Thermoworks DOT read 140. Checked it with the Thermapen and everywhere was temping perfect 145.

Oh my God, it was like pork candy! Not even sure I need to seek out other recipes now!

Recipe:
2 EACH (1-1/4 TO 1-1/2 LB) PORK TENDERLOINS, SILVERSKIN REMOVED

1/2 CUP APPLE JUICE

3 TBSP HONEY, WARMED

3 TBSP TRAEGER PORK & POULTRY RUB

1/4 CUP BROWN SUGAR

2 TBSP THYME LEAVES

1/2 TBSP BLACK PEPPER

Looks really tender and delicious.

Point for sure.

Chris.

I’m curious now if this same marinade would work well for smoked chicken too?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky