The search feature doesn't seem to work well

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

atomicsmoke

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Apr 3, 2014
Toronto, Canada
I've searched for a few keywords...got "no results found". Coppa for example.
Other (more common and I assume with more recent posts) work fine: bacon.

atomicsmoke atomicsmoke , We've been messing with the databases so there may be some re-indexing which will hinder results for a bit. I just made a small adjustment that seems to have made it better on my end. Can you check it again and see if you get better results?

I cant post any pics now. Says file to large. Same process I have always used.

IMG_20171129_195830522.jpg

Couldn't get on for at least an hour or so this morning.

Kept getting the following:
An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later.

Working good now.

Bear

Working good now.

Bear

There was a update being done.

Working good now.

Bear

There was a update being done.

I too had the same problem, maybe the message should state "update in progress". The other message sounded like the website crashed ! :):)

I too had the same problem, maybe the message should state "update in progress". The other message sounded like the website crashed ! :):)

There was a message up top last night about being off line for a update

Here's one that's just started since the site was being worked on yesterday:

When I try to edit something on my Step by Step Index, or when I try to give somebody a link to one of my Step by Steps in a post, I get the following. This never happened to me before yesterday:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at [email protected] to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

atomicsmoke,

Sometimes forum software does not have a good search engine function, I've been on a few and have learned Google indexes sites very well, and searches can be done there easily with a simple Google hack. You'll find what you need in no time. In the Google search engine box, enter search text in what you are looking for and tack on the hack at the end "site:smokingmeatforums.com" less the quotes of course.... this "site:" hack will work for most any site and will only search the site specified.

like so:
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Coppa+site:smokingmeatforums.com

Last edited:
I cant post any pics now. Says file to large. Same process I have always used.

You only have 2 posts so far. You need about 10 posts before you can insert pics without admin. approval.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky