The Science behind The Stall...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Yup I saw that too was interesting as you said. I still like my low and slow the time frame doesn't matter to me. You start it it the night before allowing plenty of time.

Warren

The science behind the stall has been described in many articles prior to this one. Here is where I first learned about it:

BBQ Stall Explained

You should spend some time looking at other articles at this site because it also explains the function of humidity on smoke absorption, and many other topics that come up here in this forum.

Other smoking forums have their own article about the stall. For instance:

Understanding the Stall

Good morning! My apologies, it wasn't my intent to represent the article as the first, only, or definitive write-up on the subject. If I did, I'm certainly sorry about that. I just thought the article was interesting and posted it here to share with others. Thanks for sharing more links on the subject.

Good morning! My apologies, it wasn't my intent to represent the article as the first, only, or definitive write-up on the subject. If I did, I'm certainly sorry about that. I just thought the article was interesting and posted it here to share with others. Thanks for sharing more links on the subject.
Sorry. I didn't mean to take any sort of shot at your posting that link. The question comes up all the time, and therefore a lot of people are interested in the answer, and so I'm glad you posted.

The only point I was trying to make (and I did it badly, I guess) is that evaporative cooling as the cause of the stall isn't a recent discovery.

Randomly came across this article today in my Apple News feed. Short version; the stall is due to evaporative cooling according to Greg Blonder, a professor at Boston College. Interesting read, thought I’d share.

https://arstechnica.com/science/2018/09/let-science-be-your-guide-for-the-perfect-labor-day-bbq/

Articles from professors are interesting and helpful because all professors are very educated people and they know how to write really useful and interesting information for ordinary readers and for students, for masters, for doctors and other martial artists.
Professors can write no worse than professionals who work for the company Paperial (that do my essays always) because they know how to write correctly, using many different words, with a bunch of synonyms, and at the same time they can write understandably for the average reader.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky