The Ron Man has left us

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
What a shock!  I didn't know this. 

He was a great guy and a great cook at whatever he did.

He added so much to this forum.  Always ready to help someone.

I will miss him greatly.

My best to his loved ones.

Haven't posted on here for quite a while, but I still remember Ron helping me out when I was getting started. RIP Ron and my thoughts and prayers are with his family.

I am very saddened to hear of Ron's passing. He gave me some good pointers & advice after I bought my MES. My thoughts & prayers are with his family at this difficult time.

RIP Ronp

Ron was always great to talk with-we had plans to throw some meat on the smoker but then he got sick and things were postponed until he got better. Looks like I'm going to have to break open a bottle of Yoshida's and smoke something in his honor this week end.

Carol-my prayers go out to you. If you should need anything give me a call; my number should be in Ron's phone and I'm not that far from you.

Rest in peace, Ron.

I am deeply saddened by Rons Passing.

On a lighter note, Ron is the spitting image of my neighbor Ray and every time I saw a post by Ron I would say Damn if he don't look like Ray.

Now when I see Ray I will be thinking Damn if he don't look like Ron.

Condolences to Friends and Family of Ron's

So sorry to hear this tragic news. Carol if your reading this I offer my sincerest condolences. I have been very busy at work and not very active here lately. I knew he was in bad shape but I was really hoping he would pull through. I'm sure he is situated above us right now working on his next Yoshida's recipe. God Bless.

Last edited:
kind of having trouble getting this out of my head.

Have an email from Ron indicating he is sorry but due to a health problem he can not make it to Smokin in the Rockies this year.  But he will be there next year when this clears up.

He was so good to deal with, he always called with questions about family first, then how work was going... then on to what ever it was he was attempting that evening in the MES.  And surprisingly always an answer of "Member, member, member" said the same thing so I am going to do it.  I mean he talked with a lot of people on the phone and it was because he loved the people online that would share and exchange infomation with him!

RIP Ronp you were one great human being!

I mean he talked with a lot of people on the phone and it was because he loved the people online that would share and exchange infomation with him!
 Indeed. Ron would call me up, or I would call him after everyone left the chat room. He bent my ear during two of my overnight smokes...

Has anyone informed Mr. Yoshida that their #1 fan has passed?

Indeed. Ron would call me up, or I would call him after everyone left the chat room. He bent my ear during two of my overnight smokes...

I did

I did also and sent them links to this thread in case they wanted to join and post something.

You will be missed RonP!! I will keep an eye out for the TBS from above my friend.

dammit!! i thought hed been quite on here lately! ive been meaning to give him a call, i thought with his move he was just bizzy...sad day...wonder if hes showin off his smoked cheetoes recipe? :)

kind of having trouble getting this out of my head.

Have an email from Ron indicating he is sorry but due to a health problem he can not make it to Smokin in the Rockies this year.  But he will be there next year when this clears up.

He was so good to deal with, he always called with questions about family first, then how work was going... then on to what ever it was he was attempting that evening in the MES.  And surprisingly always an answer of "Member, member, member" said the same thing so I am going to do it.  I mean he talked with a lot of people on the phone and it was because he loved the people online that would share and exchange infomation with him!

RIP Ronp you were one great human being!
bbally,

Ron said he will be there next year----No doubt he will still be there.

Bear

I haven't been on the forum all week and just found out this sad news. RIP RonP, no doubt there is already some thin blue streaming out of the pearly gates. God bless, Carol, you're in all of our thoughts and prayers. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky