The new smoker...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mkorish

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 18, 2016
I got the Rec Tec 590 and I'm doing the initial start up. I haven't even grilled on it yet and I'm loving this thing, wish I would have pulled the trigger sooner..

Attachments

• IMG_20200215_143806816_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200215_143806816_HDR.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 31
Good luck with the new toy...JJ

Looks like a good smoker to me. Have fun.

Chris

Had me worried, it ran for 30 then gave an error. Started the grill back up and the fan didn't kick on, took a pick and gave it a tap and seems be good now..

Thanks for the responses from everyone, if anyone has any tips or tricks I would love to hear from you..

If you live somewhere its gets good n hot in the summer and or your grill is lots of direct sunlight during your cook and you are trying to maintain a lower temp - bookmark this thread. it'll save you from a freak out. there is an adjustment on the app that is super easy and works great.

Minimum Feed Rate control with hot weather and probe alarms on Rec Tec

also - clean the ash pot every couple few cooks depending on how long they are. I bought a bucket head vac at home depot for cleaning the rec tec. with the ash and all I felt a dedicated inexpensive vacuum was a good plan.

Congrats on the new rig. I also purchased the Stampede right before Christmas. Love it so far.
I did add Lavalock around the edges of the cover. When doing hot searing it would stain around the edges as in pic's.
20200204_134836.jpg

20200204_135128.jpg

I just installed and have not used yet. I hope it helps. Lot of hard scrub with Bar Keepers Friend, was able to remove the black soot/heat marks.
This is what I used.
20200216_123242.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky