The new guy.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

younggun

Original poster
Mar 7, 2011
St. Chrles, MO
Whats going on everyone? My name is Brian and I am from St. Charles, MO. I am new to the forum and new to Smoking as well. I have always loved meat cooked on the grill and want to take it to the next level. The taste of smoked meat just kills that of something on the grill in my opinion. My uncle loves to smoke and I am planning on taking notes from him as well as getting ideas from here to pass on to him.

I am going to be buying and mod'ing a Brinkmann smoker in the next few weeks. If anyone has a better smoker they would recommend for close to the same price as that style smoker please let me know. I think the first thing I am going to try is a Tilapia recipe I read on here that looks amazing.

Now a little about myself. I am a 27 year old lawncare tech that is going to school to become an Auto Collision Tech. I enjoy being outdoors and like to camp, go 4 wheelin, go snowboarding, work on cars or anything with a motor, and go floating. For those that may not know what floating is, well...you get in a raft or canoe with some buddies and a cooler of beer and float down the river. We typically float down the Meramec or Huzzah River. Also I'm sure I'm going to like smoking as well.

If you have any questions of suggestions feel free to post them here.

Peace

Brian

Welcome to SMF.. I am a float tee one would be surprised that a cooler full of beer will stat a float that long lol man them were some great time's.. Well lots to learn here and great people as well.. Happy smoking

Brian welcome to SMF glad you joined us. You'll find lots of good info and some great recipes here. Have fun and happy smoking

Welcome to SMF, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For those of you new to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.

Click Here it's "FREE" ... 5 Day eCourseE

Welcome to smf glad to have ya! Tons of info here and great members too! Use the search and wiki sections to find loads of info,and days apon days of great reading. Good luck.

Hello and a welcome from one newb to another
welcome1.gif

Welcome Brian. As a fellow floatee (we have been floating the Kings river near Fresno for 30 years) glad to have you here with us

Welcome to SMF. There are a lot of very friendly & knowledgeable folks here to help you. I urge you to sign up for the free E-course. It will give you the basics, & even if you are an experienced smoker you may learn something new. Then start asking questions. Good luck & glad to have you aboard. Don't forget we all love Qview!    

welcome1.gif

Glad to have you. Collision tech, interesting. I am a parts manager at a large Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership in Delaware. Love those big body shop orders! Happy smoking!

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.

Welcome to the SMF....as stated above by many lots to absorb and learn here....the search tool is awesome. I'm sure many have started with an old ECB, me included. Have gone up to a gas smoker after getting the hang of it on the Brinkman. IMHO, you will probably outgrow the Brinkman pretty quick and want something bigger and better. Lot of info on here on Brinkman mods. If possible, maybe pick up a used one to play with or wait a bit and  invest in a little better unit to begin with. Again, just my opinion...a lot of guys on here have vintage Brinkmans they are quite proud of.

So, almost 2 years later I finally got my first smoker for my birthday as I never got around to getting one before due to a ton of remodeling work I did to my house so I could sell it and move to CO. It's super cold here today but I will be putting it together this weekend and hopefully smoking something here in the near future.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky