The Lady Asked For A Rib.....A Dino Rib (Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
There's an interesting concept: a ribless cow :emoji_laughing: We can talk at some point in the near future and see if we can change your luck in finding these things :emoji_wink:

Thanks so much Cliff. I still find it really odd how many different cuts are only available regionally. Maybe it's just being in Texas that we have access to pretty much everything. I don't know that I've seen anything posted here that's not available but so many folks don't have certain stuff available to them.

Robert
Those look amazing Robert. Nice job. One of my favorite bites in BBQ

I do think we are spoiled in the region we live to have a wide variety of meats readily available even at the grocery store. We are definitely in the middle of BBQ/meat country

Those look amazing Robert. Nice job. One of my favorite bites in BBQ

I do think we are spoiled in the region we live to have a wide variety of meats readily available even at the grocery store. We are definitely in the middle of BBQ/meat country
Thank you for the kind words and I agree with you 100%. We are very lucky living here that beef is king, Texas is a huge beef producing state, and BBQ rules. Nice to be able to get pretty much anything you want around here. I never realized how regional so many of the cuts were before getting involved with SMF. Honestly, I feel bad for folks that see an amazing post here but do not have the availability of the meat to do it themselves. That is one reason I do so many trades with the forum members. Being that I can get anything I want wholesale from CPB, I'm able to help folks sometimes to get things that are not available to them....and I've been blessed to be involved in some amazing trades!! Every one of them has been a huge win-win. I just need to get hands on some more insulated shipping coolers :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Thank you for the kind words and I agree with you 100%. We are very lucky living here that beef is king, Texas is a huge beef producing state, and BBQ rules. Nice to be able to get pretty much anything you want around here. I never realized how regional so many of the cuts were before getting involved with SMF. Honestly, I feel bad for folks that see an amazing post here but do not have the availability of the meat to do it themselves. That is one reason I do so many trades with the forum members. Being that I can get anything I want wholesale from CPB, I'm able to help folks sometimes to get things that are not available to them....and I've been blessed to be involved in some amazing trades!! Every one of them has been a huge win-win. I just need to get hands on some more insulated shipping coolers :emoji_laughing:

Robert
Pardon my ignorance since I'm a newbie here, but what is CPB?

Very much appreciate it Dan and congrats on hitting your target. Treat yourself to something nice but don't overdo it and start regressing :emoji_wink:

So what else is new John?? You've known that for years :emoji_laughing:

Thanks John. No question it helps a bunch to keep the lady of the house happy. Makes life much asier and far more pleasant.

Robert
Thank you Robert, I fought way too hard for this, I'm not going to let myself revert back too a tub'o. LOL!!!

I'm going to try eating one meal of choice per week, then right back to low carb to see how that goes.

My cousin is a nutritionist, she said one high carb meal a week isn't going to hurt anything, I guess we'll see about that. Hahaha.

Pardon my ignorance since I'm a newbie here, but what is CPB?
Oh my God. Most sincere apologies....honestly. I forgot that you were fairly new here and had not followed my follies over the past 5 or 6 years. CPB is Certified Piedmontese Beef. It is a breed of cattle that originated in the Piedmont region of northern Italy. It has a totally different muscular structure than American been which lends itself to a leaner, much more tender, and more flavorful beef. Since finding this stuff a while back, it's the only beef we buy. I have it shipped in and keep several freezers full of the stuff. Now you got me feeling like I overlooked an important facet of welcoming you to the forum by assuming that everybody knew what I was talking about when I noted the abbreviation. Once again, my apologies. Feel free to ask if you have any more questions.

Robert

Reactions: CTXSmokeLover
Thanks Steve!! That smoker is a dream to cook on my friend. Makes creating stuff like this pretty easy. We might just have to build one for you :emoji_laughing:
Lol! It would take more than that smoker for me to get to your standards of cooking. That set up puts out amazing cooks!

Well Robert my friend, you've smacked another one out of the park. Excellent plate!!

She then requested that I smoke a rack of Dino ribs the next day.
A lady after my own heart right there. Better order some more, don't want to run out. How would that go over if she requested ribs and you didn't have any??:emoji_laughing:
All in all a very good meal but most importantly, a happy wife
And that makes for a happy life...

Oh my God. Most sincere apologies....honestly. I forgot that you were fairly new here and had not followed my follies over the past 5 or 6 years. CPB is Certified Piedmontese Beef. It is a breed of cattle that originated in the Piedmont region of northern Italy. It has a totally different muscular structure than American been which lends itself to a leaner, much more tender, and more flavorful beef. Since finding this stuff a while back, it's the only beef we buy. I have it shipped in and keep several freezers full of the stuff. Now you got me feeling like I overlooked an important facet of welcoming you to the forum by assuming that everybody knew what I was talking about when I noted the abbreviation. Once again, my apologies. Feel free to ask if you have any more questions.

Robert
Ah, makes perfect sense now. Thanks for the explanation and it sounds wonderful. Learn something new every day

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky