The juiciest brisket ever Q View!

Discussion in 'Beef' started by grohl4pres, Jul 29, 2011.

1. grohl4pres

grohl4pres Meat Mopper

Just finished stuffing my face with this awesome thing. 

[​IMG]

I rubbed it down with Mustard, black pepper, garlic, rosemary, and old bay seasoning after I gave it a good trimmimg.  I let it set in the fridge for around 36 hours and pulled it out and added some worcestershire sauce on it and threw it in the smoker.  I cooked it at 225 with mesquite and hickory both.  I like the mix for some reason. 

When it hit 170 internal I wrapped it in foil and threw it back on until it hit 190.  I then pulled it out and let it rest for 3 hours.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is the first time I ever injected a brisket and it worked wonderfully.  I wished it had more of a crisp on the outside but I will trade that fur juice inside any day.  I did inject it with beef broth. 

Sliced it and put it on a plate with my homemade BBQ sauce which this is the first tasting of the sauce and it is top notch, it could be a little thicker but outside of that the flavor is unreal.  It has a nice spice with a little heat but it also has a smokey sweet taste as well.  $8.00 a bottle! 

It is going to be a great weekend!

[​IMG]

2. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

That's awesome buddy!

It looks delicious!

[​IMG]

3. tiki guy

tiki guy Smoking Fanatic

Lookin Good !   makes my mouth water !   I just got back from picking up my brisket , could only find a 7.05  nice looking , but I wanted a 10 or 12 .

gettin ready to open it up trim a bit and rub it down. I'll keep ya posted  all ! 

Talk soon Grohl4pres

4. grohl4pres

grohl4pres Meat Mopper

Where did you get the brisket?  I hope it is not a corned beef brisket because it will not be like a packer.  The smallest I can find are always 12 -15 pounds.  I am going to check around and find a butcher shop that carries a wagyu brisket.  They are expensive but from what I hear they are out of this world. 

Good luck with your first brisket.  [​IMG]

5. diesel

diesel Smoking Fanatic

Talk to the butcher in Goochland called Nadolski's.  He can get you the "fancy meat".  I have gotten Kobe beef from there before.  It was 40$ a lb.  Of course after the tsunami and the nuclear meltdown you may get it a little cheaper now.  Actually, isn't waygu from Australia?  Oh well.. .good luck good job on the Q!

6. grohl4pres

grohl4pres Meat Mopper

I will check it out.  How are their prices on regular meats?  Can you get good beef ribs there?  Thanks for the recommendation. [​IMG]

7. chef willie

chef willie Master of the Pit OTBS Member

nice looking brisky...like mine moist as well...

8. theory

theory Fire Starter

Nooooice   [​IMG]

9. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Great Job there Grohl !!!

Nice & Choosie!!!

Thanks for the views!!

Bear

10. roller

roller Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

Real nice!!!!!!! I`d be stuffing mine also..

11. meateater

meateater Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

That looks great, I like the hickory mesquite combo myself good stuff. [​IMG]

12. oldschoolbbq

oldschoolbbq Smoking Guru OTBS Member

[​IMG]Gorhl. Good looking Brisky. I have never injected a Brisket and rarely ever wrapped (ecept when putting it to rest).[​IMG]When smoke I enjoy playing in the fire as much as I enjoy cooking the food(yeah I'm a Pyro).[​IMG]

Last shot before closing the lid, then no more peeky till my time is up.[​IMG]

grohl4pres likes this.
  13. africanmeat

africanmeat Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Wow this looks awesome Groh, you right it will be a great weekend i will drink on with you  [​IMG]

14. grohl4pres

grohl4pres Meat Mopper

Thanks!  It is I am about to go mow and I will have a few myself!

[​IMG]

15. Very nice and I can taste it right now.  Juices getting all over your face.  Good stuff.