The Importance Of This Forum! IMO

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Rafter H BBQ

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 18, 2013
S.E. Idaho
Hey all, most of you are probably aware… but just thought I’d post a reminder to you and myself… and we’ve been having quite a few new members join recently!

I will start by thanking TulsaJeff TulsaJeff for starting this site we all enjoy, appreciate this Jeff as this is my go to for “a get away” and enjoy likeminded conversation and camaraderie!

And thank you to all the Mods that help with this forum… You all are awesome and appreciated! If not for you all… this site would not be what it is…. Thank You All!

So, the reason for this thread… was looking for just a simple recipe the other day… And SMF was second in line…. Very cool!

Then done a search for doing some curing, the prep… and all procedures… which we all know curing has to be done correctly! SMF was second in line… Awesome!

This forum is so helpful and has saved me several times! From simple questions to questions that take experienced folks to answer… and they do!

I’d have never dreamed ten years ago I could make some of the things I can confidently make now AND know it’s safe!

I think we are the standard folks internally and externally look to for smoking/cooking/curing because of our environment and safety standards!

I have learned so much here in my almost decade of being a member of SMF! We help others here as forum members, but just so you all know there are also countless others that I do believe follow SMF that aren’t members and I do think we help them as well…

Hoping I’ve given a small portion back from the huge amount of knowledge I’ve gained!

And I have gained some lifelong friends along the way….

Just thought I’d pass this along…

Just some thoughts from an ol redneck! 😉

What a nice forum we have!

👊🏼🍻

Not much I can say other than Ditto. You guys have pushed me so far out of my box I wont ever be able to find it again. I have definitely cooked more stuff in ways that I didnt know existed until I ran across SMF.
And yep the friendship and laughs I've discovered on here are pretty nice also. Like I was telling Justin earlier in a txt....Its not that I dont like people, I just dont like being around them. LOL. Crowds tend to get me antsy. But, with you folks I'm totally comfortable and can be more myself.

Jim

was looking for just a simple recipe the other day… And SMF was second in line…. Very cool!
Yup . Very common for a top 5 google search to lead you to SMF .

Heck one time I had a question about something , so I googled it . Saw one of the hits was for SMF . So I clicked on it , and turns out it was a thread on the subject I was asking about ,,,,, started by me ! Lol .

Yup . Very common for a top 5 google search to lead you to SMF .

Heck one time I had a question about something , so I googled it . Saw one of the hits was for SMF . So I clicked on it , and turns out it was a thread on the subject I was asking about ,,,,, started by me ! Lol .

Hey Rich… go follow your own directions… 😉🤣

That is awesome!

Been there done that. Almost want to edit my old posts LOL

Agree, only dreamed of being at this level now.

Been there done that. Almost want to edit my old posts LOL

Agree, only dreamed of being at this level now.
I sure wish we could edit all our old posts. Some things I’ve changed or perfected and would like to add comments in the original post. I know mods can open it up for you but I’m not that organized lol.

I agree with all said above. This site has also been a go to for me almost daily. My cooking has gotten to levels never thought possible, all thanks for the great people here. The Staff does a great job keeping everything going. Fast responses too if there's any issues, etc. I'm only on 2 forums regularly and this is Number 1!

Howdy Justin! Well stated my friend!

I couldn’t agree more with all you said. And to chip in my .02, I joined these Forums some 14 years ago. Over the years, I‘ve not only gained the skills and knowledge to vastly improve my smoking and grilling game, but also have grown my passion for cooking in all styles and cuisines - and not just outdoor cooking. I believe I’ve become a pretty good cook over time, and it all started here! This is still the first place I come any time I’m interested in researching new recipes or techniques.

And without making this overly sappy, I’d also like to mention that I’ve been a regular member on many different forums over the years. I’ve never come across another forum where the members are as friendly, helpful, and generally positive as you guys here at SMF. IMO lots of the credit for that has to go to Jeff and the leadership team...but there’s no doubt the quality of the members makes a big difference too!

Red

Howdy Justin! Well stated my friend!

I couldn’t agree more with all you said. And to chip in my .02, I joined these Forums some 14 years ago. Over the years, I‘ve not only gained the skills and knowledge to vastly improve my smoking and grilling game, but also have grown my passion for cooking in all styles and cuisines - and not just outdoor cooking. I believe I’ve become a pretty good cook over time, and it all started here! This is still the first place I come any time I’m interested in researching new recipes or techniques.

And without making this overly sappy, I’d also like to mention that I’ve been a regular member on many different forums over the years. I’ve never come across another forum where the members are as friendly, helpful, and generally positive as you guys here at SMF. IMO lots of the credit for that has to go to Jeff and the leadership team...but there’s no doubt the quality of the members makes a big difference too!

Red
Red…
You having been here before myself and a lot of other active members…. Thanks to you and the others that made SMF a standard to refer to!
You all kept this forum going…. You’re a true asset my friend!

Red…
You having been here before myself and a lot of other active members…. Thanks to you and the others that made SMF a standard to refer to!
You all kept this forum going…. You’re a true asset my friend!

I appreciate the kind words Brother...but don't give me too much credit! Over the years, I've received WAY more from these forums than I've given! And I honestly believe that the quality of the membership just continues to get better over time. I marvel at the skills and knowledge of most of you guys!

Red

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
I appreciate the kind words Brother...but don't give me too much credit! Over the years, I've received WAY more from these forums than I've given! And I honestly believe that the quality of the membership just continues to get better over time. I marvel at the skills and knowledge of most of you guys!

Red

I can get where you’re coming from buddy… but don’t sell yourself short…. A lot of what I do smoking and my approach to how I smoke was influenced by you!

Reactions: seenred
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky