The Importance Of This Forum! IMO

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I like that this is the most civil forum I have ever been on. The respect that we all show for each other is top notch.

It is predominately a smoking forum but I would like more alternate cooking options added. Maybe down the list past the meat selection could be a list of alternate cooking options like Mexican, Asian, Canadian, Korean and other recipe options that we can all share and learn from each other.

My wife and I have gotten stuck in the Korean food bug and there is so many things that are so dang good but are not smoking related. I am sure that there are many here that would love to try it out but do not live in an area where it is as available as where we live.

Awww Justin, you are a wise old red neck ( i say that because that is what you call yourself, no offence meant ) lol

And I am the same was looking on how to do kielbasa for my sweetie ,( yes my wife ). and came across this site. I could cook some but never smoked anything like I have mentioned before , except hot dogs and marshmallows on a stick over a fire.
Because of this site and the folks here I have gone to the next level. I can use 2 sticks at the same time, sorry
No this place is amazing and have learned and always learning from everyone

So Justin my hat is off ( not today very cold out ) to you and everyone before me and still coming here . This is a great learning tool for any cook
and thanks to the Mod's and staff to keep it rolling and civil to use. And to the man that started this big family TulsaJeff TulsaJeff

Thank you
David

Hey all, most of you are probably aware… but just thought I’d post a reminder to you and myself… and we’ve been having quite a few new members join recently!

I will start by thanking TulsaJeff TulsaJeff for starting this site we all enjoy, appreciate this Jeff as this is my go to for “a get away” and enjoy likeminded conversation and camaraderie!

And thank you to all the Mods that help with this forum… You all are awesome and appreciated! If not for you all… this site would not be what it is…. Thank You All!

So, the reason for this thread… was looking for just a simple recipe the other day… And SMF was second in line…. Very cool!

Then done a search for doing some curing, the prep… and all procedures… which we all know curing has to be done correctly! SMF was second in line… Awesome!

This forum is so helpful and has saved me several times! From simple questions to questions that take experienced folks to answer… and they do!

I’d have never dreamed ten years ago I could make some of the things I can confidently make now AND know it’s safe!

I think we are the standard folks internally and externally look to for smoking/cooking/curing because of our environment and safety standards!

I have learned so much here in my almost decade of being a member of SMF! We help others here as forum members, but just so you all know there are also countless others that I do believe follow SMF that aren’t members and I do think we help them as well…

Hoping I’ve given a small portion back from the huge amount of knowledge I’ve gained!

And I have gained some lifelong friends along the way….

Just thought I’d pass this along…

Just some thoughts from an ol redneck! 😉

What a nice forum we have!

👊🏼🍻
Yea verily!

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
I don't do social media such as Instagram, Facebook, TikToc, etc., but I am on a couple of forums with this being the only cooking themed one. The others are all fishing related and I've quit participating or even reading most of them because of the arrogance and egos of the keyboard cowboys who have taken over those forums. Even though there are forum rules in place, the mods there either don't enforce them or appear to selectively enforce them. One particular forum has gotten so big that a few years ago the owner sold it for a fortune and that's when things really went south. I just don't see any of that here and while I love to fish and talk about it, I won't go back.

My hope is that SMF doesn't change...

Awww Justin, you are a wise old red neck ( i say that because that is what you call yourself, no offence meant ) lol

And I am the same was looking on how to do kielbasa for my sweetie ,( yes my wife ). and came across this site. I could cook some but never smoked anything like I have mentioned before , except hot dogs and marshmallows on a stick over a fire.
Because of this site and the folks here I have gone to the next level. I can use 2 sticks at the same time, sorry
No this place is amazing and have learned and always learning from everyone

So Justin my hat is off ( not today very cold out ) to you and everyone before me and still coming here . This is a great learning tool for any cook
and thanks to the Mod's and staff to keep it rolling and civil to use. And to the man that started this big family TulsaJeff TulsaJeff

Thank you
David

No offense taken David… I am a redneck and pretty proud to be one! 😉

To quote my all time favorite comedian….

“They say ya can’t make fun of rednecks unless you are one, and I are one”!

Jeff Foxworthy!

Now I need a trash can liner… where did I put those Piggly Wiggly bags!?! 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: DRKsmoking
No offense taken David… I am a redneck and pretty proud to be one! 😉

To quote my all time favorite comedian….

“They say ya can’t make fun of rednecks unless you are one, and I are one”!

Jeff Foxworthy!

Now I need a trash can liner… where did I put those Piggly Wiggly bags!?! 🤔

That is good Justin, as some folks would have left the date with their cousin and came over and punched me in the nose.

Love Jeff Foxworthy, and the Redneck 12 Days of Christmas, and all the Blue Collar Tours movies stand ups
But my favorite is the skit they did with Drew Carey " My Big Deck " just too funny

And we also use our plastic grocery bags to line the indoor garbage cans,
we were hording them for a while as they did a big ban on most plastic bags and things here in the last year, and more to come

David

Hey all, most of you are probably aware… but just thought I’d post a reminder to you and myself… and we’ve been having quite a few new members join recently!

I will start by thanking TulsaJeff TulsaJeff for starting this site we all enjoy, appreciate this Jeff as this is my go to for “a get away” and enjoy likeminded conversation and camaraderie!

And thank you to all the Mods that help with this forum… You all are awesome and appreciated! If not for you all… this site would not be what it is…. Thank You All!

So, the reason for this thread… was looking for just a simple recipe the other day… And SMF was second in line…. Very cool!

Then done a search for doing some curing, the prep… and all procedures… which we all know curing has to be done correctly! SMF was second in line… Awesome!

This forum is so helpful and has saved me several times! From simple questions to questions that take experienced folks to answer… and they do!

I’d have never dreamed ten years ago I could make some of the things I can confidently make now AND know it’s safe!

I think we are the standard folks internally and externally look to for smoking/cooking/curing because of our environment and safety standards!

I have learned so much here in my almost decade of being a member of SMF! We help others here as forum members, but just so you all know there are also countless others that I do believe follow SMF that aren’t members and I do think we help them as well…

Hoping I’ve given a small portion back from the huge amount of knowledge I’ve gained!

And I have gained some lifelong friends along the way….

Just thought I’d pass this along…

Just some thoughts from an ol redneck! 😉

What a nice forum we have!

👊🏼🍻
thats a big 10-4 from a SFlorida redneck.

Come for the smokers, stay for the recipes.

That's been my experience! :-)

A beauty of the forum is that you get inspired to make something you see someone else has made, that you have been putting off.
Also get inspired to try something new from posts.
Right you are. I have been inspired, on more than one occasion, to do my own cooks after seeing some of the amazing results of forum members.

JC :emoji_cat:

Reactions: 02ebz06
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky