The great Debate. Does Wild Game benefit from hanging and aging like beef does or not?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
My two cents I live in Wyoming where antelope get a bad wrap mostly because people shoot them in 80 degree weather and drive around with them all day in the back of there trucks! My grandfather was an outfitter for 30+ years and he always told me elk could be worse than antelope if not cared for! I think the most important thing is to get your animal cooled down as quick as possible no matter what the species is! I've killed some very high country mule deer that were wonderful also elk and antelope by following this simple rule! Get them cooled down after killing them and keep them cool and the butchering time shouldn't matter I've tried aging them also due to the "old" rules! I believe this makes a world of a difference!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky