The Good-One - Looking for personal experience...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Traeger.Rage.BBQ

Meat Mopper
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 30, 2018
DFW, TX
My little charcoal experiment today has me digging the flavor of charcoal smoking with the addition of wood.

I have a very close friend who owns several Grilling stores in the Collin County area of North Texas. He personally only grills and smokes on one. His was a prototype setup that Chris produced nearly 20 years ago. They now offer the unit’s through his store. He has had his unit many many years, long before he ever got into grilling as a business storefront owner.

I am absolutely digging the Patio Jr. unit.

Anyone here have some personal experience with The Good-One?

Yup. Lots of us cook with the combo of lump and wood Rage. For me the charcoal helps stabilize the temperature of my Chisholm Trail unit.

I like the way that smoker is built. Been living in N Tx all my life and have never seen one. Looks like fun. A bit of an odd shape but that’s okay. Looks sturdy. B

HAHAHHA... Thanks Sonny...

I have been reading away on them after chatting with my homie. Wouldn’t consider buying it anywhere else. He has 3 stores within 7-8 miles of me. I have been on a reading frenzy.

I did get a search hit here on SMF with a thread of someone that got one in 2015 but, good looking out.
Yup. Lots of us cook with the combo of lump and wood Rage. For me the charcoal helps stabilize the temperature of my Chisholm Trail unit.

I like the way that smoker is built. Been living in N Tx all my life and have never seen one. Looks like fun. A bit of an odd shape but that’s okay. Looks sturdy. B
B,

I thought it was an odd duck myself. My homie has 3 stores in Collin County and they’re the very first online vendor on The Good-One’s website. My friend and Chris go way back. Long before my friend bought into BBQ storefronts.

My friend swears his 20 year old 30” will maintain temps for 8 hours with zero babysitting. With something like my FireBoard doing the babysitting I expect you could make adjustments to be on top of the temps. The smoke is obviously a visual thing. I expect this will be on the patio before long. I know the Brinkman can experience today has me thinking I want a charcoal smoking option on the patio.

You may have to head over for beer and The Good-One Burn in to see one of these odd ducks doing its thing! HAHAHA...

I have a Good One heritage stand alone unit. I love it. I can go about 8 hours on full load of coal without temp changing more than 5 or 6 degrees.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky