The BUTT Foamheart

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Exceptional post Kevin. Bun to Butt.  Best I've seen

Brian
 Thank you Brian. I wanted to do a bread, I hadn't made any in a while.

The cayenne onion rings ended up tasting like those French's Fried Onion Rings your Mom used in the green bean casserole when we were kids. Mighty tastee, I started to throw 'em out, you know all cold and greasy. But I tasted one again and it was crunchy, a hint of heat, salty, and would be most excellent in a basket on the counter in any bar! Who needs Corn Nuts!

Maybe try an experiment this week with some of the left overs!

Last edited:
That's a mighty purty plate Foamy!  

drool.gif

Red

Foam, don't know what to say other than.... Damn bro, nice smoke and meal. Would like to have smell-o-vision and reach thru the screen and grab a taste of that nice low & slow bbq. Nice job man, Thumbs Up. :drool Justin

That's a mighty purty plate Foamy!  

drool.gif

Red
Thank ye Red, I certainly appreciate that. I used the good china again I was hoping someone would notice!
Foam, don't know what to say other than.... Damn bro, nice smoke and meal. Would like to have smell-o-vision and reach thru the screen and grab a taste of that nice low & slow bbq. Nice job man,
icon14.gif
drool.gif
Justin
Ya know I have laughed about smell-o-vision, but imagine how cruel it would be to just smell it. Low and slow is what an electric is geared for, and I really like it.

Thank you Justin

Tasty looking plate! I would've taken the larger plate too!!!! Nice smoke Foam!
Those were HUGE buns, each one would have made two regular buns. But I can understand it, I guess. But all the slaw and all the fried onions too? I couldn't even achieve that with the smaller plate! LOL I get all excited when he appears to enjoy something. At his age life gets pretty boring I guess.

Not sure how I missed this one. Awesome looking eats Kevin!! The buns look fantastic.
Thank you sir, I always wondered why on a 10 to 24 hour smoke, why more people didn't make their own. Its just sort of goes together to form the whole package. But I know bread can be challenging sometimes

That looks fantastic and the all the details are great to read. I am not to eat bread and starches but home made bread I can't help myself. Had I made the rolls I may have added a bit of what I rubbed my butt with just to marry the 2 a little more.

Everything is perfect! When I see a picture of the bark falling off and juiciness behind, I know how good that tasted. Buns I need to get from a baker. Nice thread!

That looks fantastic and the all the details are great to read. I am not to eat bread and starches but home made bread I can't help myself. Had I made the rolls I may have added a bit of what I rubbed my butt with just to marry the 2 a little more.
Thank you. Good idea, bread has the salt and sugar, guess maybe the pepper and garlic just might perk it up a little.

Everything is perfect! When I see a picture of the bark falling off and juiciness behind, I know how good that tasted. Buns I need to get from a baker. Nice thread!
Thank you sir. I was surprised with it my self.

It was an outstanding meal. Even a simple sandwich is hard to beat when it all comes together. And every once in a while I get lucky. This time I got really lucky. The bad part, now its going to expected. No more pulled pork without fresh buns. LOL

You didn't get lucky , brother , you got skills ! Home bbq pulled pork on fresh baked home made rolls ? Come on ! You're right about one thing , though. You set the bar way high now! Your family is gonna be expecting that level of awesomeness all the time ! Seriously , man. Good looking grub.

Can you share your recipe too fir the   straight N.C. vinegar BBQ sauce ?  

I loved your post!  I'm going to smoke a butt this weekend now!  Mind! Made! UP!

You didn't get lucky , brother , you got skills ! Home bbq pulled pork on fresh baked home made rolls ? Come on ! You're right about one thing , though. You set the bar way high now! Your family is gonna be expecting that level of awesomeness all the time ! Seriously , man. Good looking grub.
 Thank you, But done bread for years, its to the point that no one here eats bread. LOL That's why I laid off baking for a while. The buns were a surprise and they did come out well.

Thanks again.

Can you share your recipe too fir the   straight N.C. vinegar BBQ sauce ?  

I loved your post!  I'm going to smoke a butt this weekend now!  Mind! Made! UP!
Thank you for the compliment I am sure yours will be as good. All it takes is patience. Put the butt one and come back tomorrow. Low and slow, is easy for folks like me who just don't get in a hurry.

I am really sorry but I can not. Its not that I just won't give it to you, but I can't. I don't know it. I have begged, offered money, offered my sister's first born, only thing left, I buy it by the case and have it shipped and it sits in the special smoke reefer. Ya know I should lock that thing....LOL

Best I could do before I could import, I took my favorite sauce (That would be mine, I make) and add some apple cider vinegar and apple juice thinking it out. Mine is a thick West Texas type. I am sure you could do the same with any sauce you like. But Short Sugar's, you just can't beat their sauce. That's also why I wanted curly fries, that's what they used to serve with their BBQ.

BTW Short Sugar's does have a website.

PS:: please take a min and click the "My Profile" icon on the toolbar above and let us know something about yourself. Especially where you hang your hat at night, it really helps in discussions. Thanks a bunch!

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky