The brisket is on!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Quick question, when I pull this thing to wrap it in foil can I use an aluminum roasting pan and just cover it? I want to save the juice for a gravy base if I can. Thanks folks!!

I don't see why you couldn't put it in a roasting pan and cover. Just make sure you get a good seal on the foil cover.

Do I pull it, cut it and let it rest an hour after it's cut or pull it, let it rest an hour and then cut it? (sorry if I sound like a rookie but I am)

Pull it, wrap it, let it rest for at least one hour, and then slice. By letting it rest before slicing you are allowing the juices to redistribute through out the meat. If you were to pull and slice all that tasty juice would just run all over your cutting board and you'd have some dry brisket.

Update.

Just put the last piece of Cherry in there to get a final bit of smoke. Sitting at 155 degrees with about 5 hours left before we eat. Getting about 10 degrees an hour of heat increase which surprises me since it took forever to start heating when I put it on this morning.

Here you can see the beef and the fatty I made for my lady to eat for breakfast this week.

55458b32_Brinkman020.jpg

I don't see why you couldn't put it in a roasting pan and cover. Just make sure you get a good seal on the foil cover.

Pull it, wrap it, let it rest for at least one hour, and then slice. By letting it rest before slicing you are allowing the juices to redistribute through out the meat. If you were to pull and slice all that tasty juice would just run all over your cutting board and you'd have some dry brisket.
Thank you for the reply! I darn sure don't want a dry brisket for my first try at this, no one would ever come over for dinner again.
439.gif

Sorry,  I got here late and now have to sit in the back...
pepsi.gif
popcorn.gif

It looks good so far...

Sorry,  I got here late and now have to sit in the back...
pepsi.gif
popcorn.gif

It looks good so far...
No worries about the seating I'm sure you'll be able to smell it. My ENTIRE complex (about 4 acres of apartments) smells like Cherry smoked brisket and I've had several folks walk by and ask what I was making and what time dinner was. Just told them I'm doing some smoking and dinner is at 6:30, bring a side of your choice and an appetite. Lord knows how many people will show up. *laugh* The more the merrier!!!

Hey Bear I'm here. I think everything is going just fine. I went to Sam's today to stock up. Getting ready for a really good thread. Junkers your brisket looks great so far. I think you will have a real winner there!

Pulled the beef off at 165 and put her into a roaster pan with 2 cups of apple juice, thinking it'll complement the cherry wood smoke.

Pic of the gauge and my beverage of choice.

5f320df7_Brinkman021.jpg

Beef.

96802953_Brinkman022.jpg

and the fatty, came out at 171 degrees after 4 hours with the pit temp at 210-230. Hoping it's done.
351e7dae_Brinkman023.jpg

So far so good, wish me luck. I have 3 hours until we eat and I feel that the beef will be done by then.

Hey Bear I'm here. I think everything is going just fine. I went to Sam's today to stock up. Getting ready for a really good thread. Junkers your brisket looks great so far. I think you will have a real winner there!

Yup, It looks like Junkers got help elsewhere---we got the day off---Want some of my popcorn?

I was told you were out to lunch, Al, but I didn't believe that.

Looking real good there, Junkers !!!!!------->> Good choice of beverage too!

Bear

Looks good. Want to see how this slices up. I noticed you appear to have a full packer, point and flat. I've only done one brisket so far, but have a full packer in the freezer. I separated the point and flat last time. I believe one is more for pulling the other for slicing.

Don't worry.  It looks just fine.  It's good to drive the neighbors crazy, that is, until you become the "resident expert" and everyone wants you to answer just a short question about.........
Meh! I've been asked several questions today already about what meat to cook, what rub I use (I use my own) and how long it takes. You should see their faces when I tell them it takes at LEAST 10 hours for a good smoked brisket....... I guess they think this is quick and easy.

Now, that's what I call some sweet looking meat. 
points.gif
The only thing wrong I can see is..... well, I really hesitate to bring it up.....but I feel it's important that you know.....YOU DIDN'T MAKE ENOUGH FOR US.  Man, you gotta work on that.  That's just terrible.  You've left many of us droolin' over the keyboards.

Dang that's one good looking brisket. You really hit a homer this time!

drool.gif

Junkers,

That looks awesome!

No fair using lipstick to paint a perfect smoke ring like that on the meat!  
biggrin.gif

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky