The Boys B-Day Dinner at Hell’s Kitchen

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

civilsmoker

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 27, 2015
Idaho
So the wife was struggling on what to get our soon to be 18 year old........but she got this thought to have a crazy food experience.....so she made reservations at Hells Kitchen in Vegas!
AE6EB5E4-A7AE-49AA-934B-CD0D38A73711.jpeg

3C54A0F1-C694-4BD8-9509-08601F4D2A0E.jpeg

We had high hopes it would be good but we had no idea how good it would be.....

Starting with the Heirloom Tomato Burratta salad!
0BC03AB9-D5BD-4CC1-BC54-8664E558EFEE.jpeg

Next up was a couple of apps.....lobster risotto and scallops.
B8EACD67-863E-496D-A28A-497C26CC3987.jpeg

D7E6D6D0-8AFC-4B99-B402-B0BE626C6AD3.jpeg

31933156-A7B5-4BAD-92A2-5EBCE7439AB2.jpeg

my wife is NOT a seafood fan and even tried both.......

The main dishes we had (he only has 5 on the menu) were the beef Wellington, crispy skin salmon, and dry aged NY
FC5B13DF-EBE3-4963-82D7-2C9718F4354F.jpeg

6C682170-ACFE-4FB6-BEC5-A3BC70F4C827.jpeg

C1C1CDB9-8641-4377-90BD-0F012140D3C9.jpeg

The evening finished off with sticky toffee pudding and peanut butter fudge cheese cake.
CD64EFA0-61A1-4B27-B2A1-51A4E293DBD9.jpeg

005CAB0B-E6A6-48C7-B9D5-465FF787D9BD.jpeg

All I can say is I have to hand it to my wife for finding the perfect gift for a foody kid for the big deal 18 B-day!

As a family we have watched a lot of GR and always thought we was a little over the top, but after the indescribable food flavor experience we all just had,....we have concluded that he knows how to do it right. We have eaten at some pretty high end places and this is simply the best food tasting experience we have ever had!!! I only dream of coming close to creating food with this kind of flavor!!!

Love watching HK. It's on out bucket list to go to. Looks like your did the boy right. And happy birthday to him.
Jim

Awesome .
thanks chop, it was an awesome experience for sure!

WOW!
What a meal!
Al
Thanks Al, it was one of those moments when you take the first bite and you realize you are going to have a WOW experience! If you have seen the 100 foot journey movie....just one bite and you knew!

Love watching HK. It's on out bucket list to go to. Looks like your did the boy right. And happy birthday to him.
Jim
Kristine one of the winners runs it for him and she is one of our fav winners for sure! It is a bucket like item in my book.

Looks good. Knew there was a show Hells Kitchen, never knew it's an actual restaurant too. Cool gift for a foody!
Yup it’s a actual restaurant in Vegas. We aren't really the Vegas types except the food side, but It was/is the perfect time to go cause it’s not crazy busy with all the stuff going on....

Reactions: JLeonard
That would be a great experience! And happy birthday to your son. Food looked awesome! You will all remember this one.

Ryan

That's a hell of a spread, and looks fantastic. What a great way to celebrate his 18th.

Point for sure
Chris

That would be a great experience! And happy birthday to your son. Food looked awesome! You will all remember this one.

Ryan
Ryan, it was pretty crazy and memorable. The boy and me have been talking about beef welly for years and to finally have it was mind blowing. By the way it was hands down the best and most tender filet in my life!

That's a hell of a spread, and looks fantastic. What a great way to celebrate his 18th.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris! The boy could not stop talking about it on the drive to Vegas. After wards he didn’t say much other than there are just no words.....no words......watching the look on his face when he took the first bite was priceless!!!

My recorder set record anything Gordon Ramsey. I wish he would do the F word again. I like the calm GR better.

We have watched all his stuff. We really like the cooking for his family show cause that’s something our family can really relate too!

Looks like some Fantastic Dining!!
Much better than they used to eat at "Hell's Kitchen" in NY.
Thanks for showing!!

Bear

That was a most excellent B-Day Gift. I had no idea that even existed. Everything looked amazing, especially those Scallops, my most favorite seafood.
Forty years ago, for my 18th, my Aunt had my family and a few friends to her house. She hired a Pro Chinese Banquet Chef to prepare our meal. 6 courses making up the greatest Cantonese Food I have ever Seen or Eaten!...JJ

Curious as to what it $ cost for you guys to eat there?
Weber, the welly was a package deal, salad, welly (& salmon), and desert was 75. So all in with apps was 375 plus tip.

That was a most excellent B-Day Gift. I had no idea that even existed. Everything looked amazing, especially those Scallops, my most favorite seafood.
Forty years ago, for my 18th, my Aunt had my family and a few friends to her house. She hired a Pro Chinese Banquet Chef to prepare our meal. 6 courses making up the greatest Cantonese Food I have ever Seen or Eaten!...JJ
JJ , thanks! The scallops were amazing! I understand know why GR smashes the screwed up ones on the show. That’s a travesty!

Your 18th was totally awesome.....my kids just read that and said oh mom and sad that is how to top HK hint hint....lol.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky