The Big Easy, Red Stick or the Mississippi Gulf Coast check in here

Discussion in 'SouthEast Louisiana and Southern Mississippi' started by alblancher, Nov 8, 2011.

1. alblancher

alblancher Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member

We have had members in the area express interest about getting together once in a while to have a communal smoke.  Lets make it happen.

Al

2. eman

eman Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member

I know we got a bunch of smokers in the area lets hear from Ya!

3. jmking1999

jmking1999 Newbie

I am in. I live on the West Bank, NOLA.

4. alblancher

Welcome jmking1999

5. shooterrick

shooterrick Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

ok found ya.  LOL

6. Grew up in S'port, but family is from Lake Charles...just wanted to touch base and shout out!

7. New Guy here, I'm in Lacombe and have been burning meat for a while now, hope to make the next gathering of smoke heads.

Later

8. New Guy here, I'm in Lacombe and have been burning meat for a while now, hope to make the next gathering of smoke heads.

Later

9. New Guy here, I'm in Lacombe and have been burning meat for a while now, hope to make the next gathering of smoke heads.

Later

10. alblancher

Well you found the group!   Maybe it's time to start planning a little summer time get together for the locals!    Any suggestions about date and format would be appreciated.  We can use the farm, same place we do SELA    Maybe keep this to a little one long day affair or short weekend?   Call it SELA Lite?

11. Sounds like a deal we would be interested in al, message me if it comes to be. Love cookin outdoors and grew up on Louisianna cuizine. Have smoker will travel. ;)

12. I work weekends...if any ya'll wanna hang out during the week...shout out!

13. so ms smoker

so ms smoker Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member

I know Al isn't hanging with us now but thought I would bump this up. There are a lot of us in this area, so chime in! Don'ty forget to find the pushpin map and get on it. Thanks.

Mike

14. push pin map?

15. so ms smoker

I mdon't have the address right off. Do a search and it is not too hard to find.

Mike

16. so ms smoker

Glad to know you are close by. Please chime in!

Mike

17. raastros2

raastros2 Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Hollering at yall from goodwood boulevard in BR

18. fagesbp

fagesbp Smoking Fanatic

Just joined the group. From New Iberia, born n raised.

19. kajunkue

kajunkue Fire Starter

NOLA guy here. Also have a place in Ms along the Jordan River.  My smoker doesn't travel well but i'm sure it can happen.  What do most of you like to smoke?

Kajunkue

20. cappyr

cappyr Meat Mopper

New to da forum.  I'm on the west bank tween NOLA and  BR   Just started lookin around yesterday so its kinda early to comit.  Not only dat I am away from home lots cause I drive a boat for a living.  I hadda join a group to post this and I sure hope id don't mean dues. lol  Am a country boy and if any of these smoker geeks ever saw our homemade wooden smoke house they would likely stroke out.  Pure Cajun country boy we smoke fish game and make sausage, head cheese, cracklins, etc.  All I know is the simple  life shucks I'll admit it I gotta google to see what a lot of da stuff yall talkin about is.  Anyways if yall plan sumthin let me know and if I'm home I'll raid da freezer grab some black iron and come visit.  Neither smoker or pit is portable.  Aint entering no  contest either.  My stuff just don't belong on a bed of curly lettuce.[​IMG]