The best thing about SMF.....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

xtexan

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Dec 4, 2006
Columbus,OH
Ok from time to time I visit another site, mostly because it is more about the business side of smoking. But I have to say the folks on this site are sooooo..
much nicer and helpful. I can't believe how some of the guys on the other forum treat each other, one guy will say something and they will just unload on the dude.
Now I like the occasional jabs but these guys really get into fights. It must be there egos??

You see, we are just all warm and fuzzy inside and it just spills out here! I'm on a couple of other sites and have found this one so much more enjoyable that I hardly spend any time on the others. This is more like neighbors hangin out in the back yard talkin bout things!

Some people just don't know how to get along on the forums..............I like it here too because its like a family here.............Great place here....

I couldn't agree more. Truly a fun and refreshing place to spend spare time, chatting, reading, or salivating over great pics and recipes!
I hope it always stays as calm and friendly here. Often when some sites get real popular, the rif-raf ratio jumps up along with the registered members. I hope this place continues to grow in a friendly way.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

I agree with alll, SMF has a great feel to it when you enter and start reading others posts; hope things can be kept this way with family growth.....

I am a member of quite a few hunting and fishing sites and in the last year or so I log in more to find out who is arguing with who......; that gets old after a while. SMF is the site I concentrate on the most, sure doesn't hurt that I love food !!!

I'm a member of another well known BBQ site also, but I rarely post there. There's alot of out of control egos on it, and I just don't wanna deal with them. The peeps here are a laid back bunch, and eager to lend a hand.

you guys hace given me some good advise. and i have enjoyed looking at the qview and reading information.

so thanks for everything
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

SMF has had it's days, all forums seem to cycle through that phase. As Rodney Dangerfield might have said, Oh yeah, it's quiet now! But ya shoulda seen it a while back! I'll tell ya!
It's a WHOLE lot different than when I found it. And I'm serious.

I totally agree with all the comments here. I've only been a member for about three weeks but find it hard to stay away when i have some spare time and am near a computer.
It even got me to get outside in below freezing temps to do some mods to the CGSP and get it fired up again.

Great information, real friendly people, just a great place all around.

For me, the best part is helping someone out if I can. I am perhaps a born teacher, if I only had gotten patience along with the desire to see folks succeed...sigh. I do get impatient, and please don't take it to heart. I forget about the whole crawl before walk thing. And was cursed with a sharp tongue/fingers. Funny... I am more impatient with myself. Ouch!

Great forum. Best I have ever been a part of. Good post X... POINTS!

I can't agree more than the kudos already expressed. It all goes back to the fact that the folks here are down to earth regular people. it's kinda like an extended family or at least a smoke cooking family, willing to share knowledge and lend a kind word

Yep, always good reading here. I am a member of a motorcycle specific forum and two rifle specific forums, and while there is good information to be found on those sites (and always a few regular ol "good guys" that try to help out when they can), there is a lot of bickering and fighting over nothing... usually from several kids spreading misinformation. I've only been at SMF for a few months, but it is a totally different environment here. I can always count on some good reading when I come over here, which is why I often do... and I've got a lot of good advice for the folks too.

Thanks all!

I thought I was the colpurt X tex-I think this 1 hella good smokin site with alot of good knowlagble people in here ( damn good people at that) I be the first to say I just broke the tip of the iceburg & have Alot to learn on the art of smokin!1 thing I do know is commen sence & trial & error-I been to them schools(hard knocks I think the city boys call them)Rich,I learned real quick from your (type) that I was at ease with understanding your words & ways! You are so true with your words as the way u enjoy showing & learning the rest of us the art of what we all have added to are hobbies. You arn't the only one-bubba-glued-dutch-Ken-Geek-mossey-kookie-WD,etc-etc-etc.Thanks to the whole smf family.( sorry for the unthought text at times)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky