The Beast!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokyjeep

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 10, 2011
Decided to start a thread about my Custom smoker.

I have named it the Beast!

It started out small and went from there.

47c6061f_BBQDay5-18-2008004Small.jpg

Decided to add some propane to the smoker...

25d7ddde_SmokerbarrelSmall.jpg

And had to either get rid of the Drum or use it, so the build begins!

70b1041c_BarrelandsmokerSmall.jpg

The door is next. Got it cut out and installed.

30416f79_Smokeralmostdone001Small.jpg

Next was the frame, shelves and wheels.

59b7ddbf_NewShelvesonsmoker001Small.jpg

Now for the main rack.

09ea9659_Bbqgrate002Small.jpg

And inside view...

9a978af2_Newpipesonsmoker006Small.jpg

Here is the intake that will have a butterfly valve in it. With a cable and lever...

a552c34c_Newpipesonsmoker002Small.jpg

Finally the exhaust stack...

The door will be replaced soon with a new one since I messed up that one.

92398db6_Stingerpipe1-3-2011Small.jpg

And the latest add on for it is a charcoal / wood tray for the middle chamber.

It will also slide into the barrel from the middle chamber. So I can control heat

real easy with it.

4bf78e38_Charcoalandwoodtray001Small.jpg

Both the fire box and the middle chamber have propane burners. The fire box has a burner and regulator from a portable grill and the middle chamber has the valves

from my old big propane grill. And a H shaped burner. The soda cans on the middle

chamber are removed for grilling. Soon those will be replaced with butterfly valves!

Last edited:
Reactions: meateater
Wow-a smoker on steroids. Just a quick caution about controlling your chamber temps by closing off the exhaust vent-It can lead to creosote deposits on your food and leave you with a bitter taste in your mouth and numbness on your lips and tongue. You want to try and control your chamber temps by regulating the air intake-close it down to cool things off and open it up to bring on the heat. Always make minor adjustment and then allow the smoker to settle in before making another adjustment. If you don't you'll be chasing your temps up and down all day.

Reactions: smokyjeep
Wow-a smoker on steroids. Just a quick caution about controlling your chamber temps by closing off the exhaust vent-It can lead to creosote deposits on your food and leave you with a bitter taste in your mouth and numbness on your lips and tongue. You want to try and control your chamber temps by regulating the air intake-close it down to cool things off and open it up to bring on the heat. Always make minor adjustment and then allow the smoker to settle in before making another adjustment. If you don't you'll be chasing your temps up and down all day.
Thanks Dutch!  I made some changes yesterday. The exhaust is now free flowing and the damper was moved to the intake.

dcc790a2_Pipesonsmoker001Small.jpg

92db5e12_Pipesonsmoker003Small.jpg

"The Beast" fits it perfectHow about some Q-Pics of that Bad Boy?Todd

First I saw this Beast!!!!----Very cool !!!!

What's that thing turn in the quarter?   What's your ET?

Can't wait to see the Q this things turns out!

Bear

Reactions: smokyjeep
First I saw this Beast!!!!----Very cool !!!!

What's that thing turn in the quarter?   What's your ET?

Can't wait to see the Q this things turns out!

Bear
It turned low 12's in the quarter mile on propane! :-)  Next month I plan on doing allot of BBQ!

Looks the trailer wont happen for awhile. Just blew the head gasket in the truck. So I decided to reinforce the shelves and start the body work.

c05c57bd_StartedthebodyworkMedium.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky