• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

The Beast!

smokyjeep

Fire Starter
Joined Jan 10, 2011
I'm finaly back, Computer has been down for awhile. Will have some updates later!

smokyjeep

Fire Starter
Joined Jan 10, 2011
  Made some changes to the smoker, I moved the fire box underneath the barrel.

And blocked off the grilling chamber from the barrel. Only thing I need to change is

extend the tube on the fire box and add a heat shield to protect the regulator.

And I had to add a heat shield for the propane tank. I figured Diamond plate

would great for that.!  I can get the barrel up to 400* with this setup so I'm not

too worried about lack of heat. I need to make a damper for the 2 pipes going to

the barrel. I have damper on the intake already.

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2010
Smokeyjeep, Morning. Looks like you lay awake at night............just like I do.........trying to figure how to make adjustments to your smoker..........

Great job..(clapping hands now)....Lets see some smoke ring and bark in the q-views from your new smoker. Dave

smokyjeep

Fire Starter
Joined Jan 10, 2011
Good morning Dave! Ya I have a hard time sleeping lately. Looks like I'm going to finish up this smoker, paint and so on.

And sell it. I still have the Master Built Electric 30". So I will still be doing some great smokes!

Last edited:

SmokinAl

Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Sorry to hear you have to sell it.

It has been great following you through the various changes & modifications you have made.

I hope you find a good home for it!

Good luck!

smokyjeep

Fire Starter
Joined Jan 10, 2011
Looks I'm keeping it. Nobody wanted to pay $200 for it. Oh well rather keep it then give it away!

Bearcarver

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Don't blame you---No way under $200 for the Beast !!!!

Bear

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.