• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

That's a nor'easter!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Basically nothing that they predicted happened on the big island.
Some wind basically no rain.
I srayed up a good partt of the night, because I didn't want to miss it, and nothing. Drove over to the Hilo side of the island this morning, wind was cranking, blowing the Jeep we rented around pretty good at times, with a few heavy showers.
Besides that it was another day in paradise. Got back to the hotel around 4:00 pm, hit the pool until 6 or 7:00 then went to dinner.

I didn't want to see any distruction, but was hoping to see a good Mother nature showing.
One more full day and it's time to head home. 16 days was just about the right amount of time for us, but we will be back. I need to see a live Lava flow.

I hope everyone on the East Coast is staying safe, with little to no loss.

Sure seems like Ol'Ma Nature is pissed off at us lately.

Be safe out there
Dan.
 
Basically nothing that they predicted happened on the big island.
Some wind basically no rain.
I srayed up a good partt of the night, because I didn't want to miss it, and nothing. Drove over to the Hilo side of the island this morning, wind was cranking, blowing the Jeep we rented around pretty good at times, with a few heavy showers.
Besides that it was another day in paradise. Got back to the hotel around 4:00 pm, hit the pool until 6 or 7:00 then went to dinner.

I didn't want to see any distruction, but was hoping to see a good Mother nature showing.
One more full day and it's time to head home. 16 days was just about the right amount of time for us, but we will be back. I need to see a live Lava flow.

I hope everyone on the East Coast is staying safe, with little to no loss.

Sure seems like Ol'Ma Nature is pissed off at us lately.

Be safe out there
Dan.
so far so good, no tree damage yet, but the pond and pool are overflowing.
 
I made fun of this nor'easter a few days ago as we didn't get anything but wind, but ya gotta admit this looks a darn hurricane.

Screenshot 2026-09-27 at 17-08-20 GOES-East - Continental U.S. (CONUS) - NOAA _ NESDIS _ STAR.png



I love looking at the views on this site.
https://www.star.nesdis.noaa.gov/GOES/conus.php?sat=G19
 
Still raining. We've only had 4" locally but just a few miles away 7".
 
Well, that was fun. Traveling around NJ, NY and Ct on Ben Harper tour meant I had to drive through it. At least it wasn't December.
 
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Back
Top
Clicky