Thanksgiving Recipes Help

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TulsaJeff

Smoke Whisperer
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
Jun 28, 2005
Tulsa, OK
Here in week or two, thousands of people will start flocking to the forum to get help cooking their annual TG turkey. Last year we were seeing around 40k to 115k page views per day in the days leading up to TG. I get about twice that amount at Smoking-Meat.com and I'd like to send some of that traffic over here to help with questions, recipes, etc.

For that reason, I have created an area on the forum called Thanksgiving Central (not sure why I didn't do this years ago).

I will be placing some recipes and how-to information in that area but if any of you also have recipes or how-to information that you'd like to submit, let me know. I'd like for it to be a resource that grows and grows and not just from my own work.

For recipes to be included in the TG Central, it will need to have a short summary, ingredient list and step by step instructions with images where appropriate.

How-to information needs to be in a step-by-step format with images where appropriate and written as if you're talking to a 4th grader.

Post these in the regular areas of the forum once you have them and shoot me a forum link so I'll know where the recipe is posted.

I can then convert it to an article , add the "Thanksgiving" label to it and move it to the TG Central category.

Thanks in advance!

Let me know if you have any questions😀

Last edited:
Moving this thread to the top again and see if other people want to submit recipes for our brand new “Thanksgiving Central”.

Just shoot me a forum link to the recipe and make sure there are ingredients listed and step-by-step instructions.

Images are also really helpful.

I would love to load this area up with some of the forums best Thanksgiving recipes.

Thanks!

Reactions: mattpobrien
After failing to read instructions the first time, I've now posted my cranberry chutney :)

Jeff, do you want us to keep these posts clean(as in not replying to them) or treat them like all the other threads. Personally I think we should just keep them clean of reply's.

Chris

I was sort of thinking that way when I first set this up..

I am converting these recipes to articles which means the first post (the recipe) will be at the top of every page.

Even if we have 20 pages of replies, the recipe will be front and center on every page.

For that reason, I don't think it's too big of a problem. I worry that folks may have questions about the recipes or need clarification and that probably needs to be something they are easily able to do.

Reactions: Brokenhandle
With so many trying to deal with texture problems getting crispy good skin, I created this one a while back.

Here in week or two, thousands of people will start flocking to the forum to get help cooking their annual TG turkey. Last year we were seeing around 40k to 115k page views per day in the days leading up to TG. I get about twice that amount at Smoking-Meat.com and I'd like to send some of that traffic over here to help with questions, recipes, etc.

For that reason, I have created an area on the forum called Thanksgiving Central (not sure why I didn't do this years ago).

I will be placing some recipes and how-to information in that area but if any of you also have recipes or how-to information that you'd like to submit, let me know. I'd like for it to be a resource that grows and grows and not just from my own work.

For recipes to be included in the TG Central, it will need to have a short summary, ingredient list and step by step instructions with images where appropriate.

How-to information needs to be in a step-by-step format with images where appropriate and written as if you're talking to a 4th grader.

Post these in the regular areas of the forum once you have them and shoot me a forum link so I'll know where the recipe is posted.

I can then convert it to an article , add the "Thanksgiving" label to it and move it to the TG Central category.

Thanks in advance!

Let me know if you have any questions😀
Hi TulsaJeff TulsaJeff I created a "How To" Holiday Ham from Pork Shoulder post following the format you suggested.
See here: https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/how-to-holiday-ham-from-pork-butt-pork-shoulder.318276/

If it is not Thanksgiving worthy that is fine, I wont be offended hahaha.
If it needs ANY changes or tweaks at all let me know, I will not be offended and I understand the goal of trying to create something more like documentation vs a social posting.

Do what you will with it and do not hesitate to reach out to me concerning the post. Thanks! :D

Reactions: TNJAKE
Hi TulsaJeff TulsaJeff I created a "How To" Holiday Ham from Pork Shoulder post following the format you suggested.
See here: https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/how-to-holiday-ham-from-pork-butt-pork-shoulder.318276/

If it is not Thanksgiving worthy that is fine, I wont be offended hahaha.
If it needs ANY changes or tweaks at all let me know, I will not be offended and I understand the goal of trying to create something more like documentation vs a social posting.

Do what you will with it and do not hesitate to reach out to me concerning the post. Thanks! :D
Thank you! looks like a good one and it's been added.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky