Thanksgiving pics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hardcookin

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 13, 2015
Northeast
For Thanksgiving I done 2 turkeys and 3 turkey breasts. Below are a few pictures from Thanksgiving.

URL=https://imageshack.com/i/plmrrgy1j]
mrrgy1.jpg
[/URL]

I smoked a pan full of stuffing, and it turned out good.

And of course I smoked a fresh apple pie.

https://imageshack.com/i/pnObfjP3j

Photobucket is giving me fits.

Last edited:
Looks great! Resist the temptation to Smoke too many items. Just like ordering a multi course Chinese meal, of all Chicken dishes, Soon all taste the same and gets boring. Smoke is like Garlic. Taste great but not in everything...JJ

JJ I have always smoked apple pies...they are great.
But I have a big offset, so days like Thanksgiving it kind of doubles as a oven too.
If I don't want smoke on something I just double foil the food/pan.

Thank you for the tip Thumbs Up

JJ I have always smoked apple pies...they are great.
But I have a big offset, so days like Thanksgiving it kind of doubles as a oven too.
If I don't want smoke on something I just double foil the food/pan.

Thank you for the tip
icon14.gif
Good point! Now if I could just convince my Accountant 
wife.gif
 that a Big Smoker is needed. Maybe you can send a Note I can give her.
biggrin.gif
...JJ

Great looking food!  Nice smoke!:points1:

Mike

Mike thank you for the point! I like cooking for the holidays...Brisket is on the menu for Christmas.
Good stuff there Doug!

I'm really diggin' that apple pie!

Point!

Al

Al thank you for the point
Apple pie is always a big hit.
Nice looking spread!
b-one thank you for the point. All that food sure made for a good nap.

Good point! Now if I could just convince my Accountant :wife:  that a Big Smoker is needed. Maybe you can send a Note I can give her.:biggrin: ...JJ

JJ with you living in the wilds I figured you would have a big smoker for them Elk.
It's nice having a big smoker...people bring hot dishes to the meal I just throw them in the warmer. Plus I have lots of room for smoking.

PM me your wife's text and I will tell her JJ has been good and Santa should bring him a smoker. :biggrin:
Did you have some snow on Thanksgiving?

No snow Thursday, all stayed in Western NY, but had a dusting the weekend before. My neighbor says 12 to 24 inches at a time is not uncommon. Fortunately he has 4 plows and told me he would take care of snow for us both in the driveway and our shared private road.
icon14.gif
...JJ

No snow Thursday, all stayed in Western NY, but had a dusting the weekend before. My neighbor says 12 to 24 inches at a time is not uncommon. Fortunately he has 4 plows and told me he would take care of snow for us both in the driveway and our shared private road.Thumbs Up ...JJ
That's the kind of good neighbor to have!!

I got my pictures fixed on my post.

Last edited:
Very nice color on the bird,the pie I cannot imagine the taste,so samples should be sent out next time.

Richie

icon14.gif

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky