Thanksgiving Extravaganza w heavy pics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinVOLfan

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 27, 2018
Knoxville, TN
This year(well every year really) we hosted Thanksgiving at my home. Only difference is we were expecting a lot more people this year. Started to plan this cook well in advance and schedule everything best I could. The day before Thanksgiving I setup a couple folding tables in my garage and decided to do all of the prep work out there...closer to the beer fridge too! This took place over a 24 hours period so if I get anything in the wrong order sorry!

Here is the spread. 1 16lb choice packer brisket, a 10 pound ham, and 4 12 pound butterball turkeys.
Th1.jpg

Th2.jpg

Got the turkeys in Tip's slaughterhouse brine. The 4th one went in too just didn't get a picture of it for some reason.
Th4.jpg

Brisket trimmed(in a hurry as you can tell) and ready for some smoke. Seasoned with Miners Mix XXX garlic. First time using it but wont be the last.
Th3.jpg

Brisket sitting at 160 ready for some butcher paper. Got a pan of smoked mac and cheese in the bottom.
Th5.jpg

The two turkeys that were going to get smoked came out of the brine, got spatched, seasoned, and into the fridge for the night
Th6.jpg

Kerrrygold butter and seasoning under the skin too.
Th7.jpg

Th8.jpg

Did Jeff's maple double smoke ham that's been riding on the carousel.
Th9.jpg

Pulled the two birds that were getting fried out of the brine and coated in low salt Cajun seasoning.
Th10.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Got 3 of my cookers setup in my driveway going at once!
Th14.jpg

Smoked birds looking good.
Th11.jpg

Brisket probed tender at 203 and going into the cooler for a nap. Loving the butcher paper.
Th12.jpg

Friend birds smelling good.
Th13.jpg

Smoked birds getting close. Got to use my new inkbird instant read for the first time.
Th15.jpg

Smoked birds are out.
Th16.jpg

Ham has been in about 4 hours and glazed plenty. Pulled at 135.
Th17.jpg

Fried birds are done.
Th18.jpg

After the brisket took a nap got it sliced up. This thing was tender, juicy, and delicious. One of my best yet.
Th20.jpg

Things got a little crazy at this point trying to carve 4 turkeys and feed 25 people so didn't get any pictures of the sliced birds but you can imagine how they looked. They were juicy and perfectly done. Really enjoy using tips slaughterhouse brine. Jeff's ham was nothing short of amazing. Wish I had gotten more pics of the finished products and the sides but all was delicious and everyone left full. Long 24 hours of prepping and cooking but had a great time. Thanks for looking!

John

Attachments

• Th14.jpg
    Th14.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Th12.jpg
    Th12.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Th13.jpg
    Th13.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 7
  • Th18.jpg
    Th18.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 5
John everything looks absolutely amazing! That’s a lot of work and I’m sure you had 25 happy family and friends.

Nice job! I see the beer keeps the foil from blowing away.

Like!

Wow! What a spread and it all looks great. Very nice and I bet everyone enjoyed the food. Very Big LIKE! That's a lot of work.

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
Boy howdy, you had it all down and going at the same time, What a great piece of work, huge LIKE! Was that a Rolling Rock I saw sneaking a peek out of it's cozy? Only beer I ever have on hand. RAY

That does look like one amazing meal...or should I say buffet! Did you feed 1/2 the neighbor's after your family was done eating?

Good job
Ryan

John everything looks absolutely amazing! That’s a lot of work and I’m sure you had 25 happy family and friends.

Nice job! I see the beer keeps the foil from blowing away.

Like!

Thanks Joe! You know that beer is an essential multi-tool in cooking!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky