Thanksgiving Dry Run w pics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That’s not a dry run, just a little tune up for the well oiled machine! Everything looks awesome TN! Seems like you’ll have a great Thanksgiving.

OMG!!
I was gonna say "Nice Bird", but then I looked farther---"Nice Plate"----Then I looked on & saw----"Nice Pie!!"
So I just gotta say "Everything looks Awesome, John!!!"
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear

Thanks John I am stuffed just looking at the pics again. Just finished off the leftovers yesterday.

Man looks awesome John! Perfect color on the bird. I imagine that bird may have been pre bribed with saline solution?

Thanks Jeff! I think almost all of the frozen birds are pre-brined in that salt solution. The percentage I am not sure.

Looks great. I wonder if brining an enhanced bird does not actually take away from of the flavor? I was planning on only doing a breast but looks like they cost as much or more than just getting a whole turkey.

Thanks Brian. Yeah man its usually cheaper to just buy a whole bird than just a breast. Lots of sales at $.49 a lb this week.

Fantastic looking meal John!! Now ya just have to top that for thanksgiving.

Thanks Jim! Yeah man already got two more birds in the freezer ready to go and probably will pick up a ham to smoke too. Even if the crowd size is down this year will still have plenty of leftovers!

Holy smoke John!! That's one heck of a spread buddy. I know you've been cooking turkeys for many years so this was not a trial run. You were correct stating that you just didn't want to wait two weeks for the official day to cook a big ol' bird. That looks excellent my friend. I've never spatched a turkey before but am going to do that in a couple weeks after seeing what you did here. That all just looks fantastic. Be nice if I could just pull your meal off the screen and serve it up to out guests. Sure would make my life a lot easier and it's certainly make several folks really happy :emoji_wink:

Robert

Appreciate the kind words Robert. Cant wait to see your first spatched bird this year! I am sure it will be just as first class as all of your other meals throughout the year!

That’s not a dry run, just a little tune up for the well oiled machine! Everything looks awesome TN! Seems like you’ll have a great Thanksgiving.

Thanks Joe! You ought to try one out on your 560! Worst case scenario you have leftovers and no freezer room so you pimp some smoked turkey to your neighbors for a few cold brews.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky