Thanksgiving Day

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That's a thought for sure, but with a 17 lb. turkey and only 10 people to eat it...

Charles
Your family is obviously not Sicilian, or you would need two birds or one bird twice that size.:emoji_laughing:
Personally I'd go buy a small 8-10 pounder to smoke , tell her if's for leftovers for Enchiladas Suizas if that is what you like. If that is a problem for your wife, then you have bigger problems than I can help you resolve. :emoji_fearful::emoji_joy::emoji_thumbsup:

Last edited:
OK thanks Piney. I will have to give it a try. I bought a couple of turkeys that were on sale for $.49 lb. and they are in the freezer. We are having ham for TG Day, but when I thaw one out I will give it a try. What temp do you take the turkey to in the smoker & about how long is the fry portion?
Al

Al I smoke them to about 140 and have the oil at 350 and drop it in. When you take it out of the smoker make sure to drain any liquid that may be inside the cavity before putting in the oil. I have smoked at low temp for 3 hours not caring what the internal temp is because I drop it in the fryer and it's done well before the 4 hour mark. As for how long in the fryer the only thing I know to do is pull it and check with a thermometer

Al I smoke them to about 140 and have the oil at 350 and drop it in. When you take it out of the smoker make sure to drain any liquid that may be inside the cavity before putting in the oil. I have smoked at low temp for 3 hours not caring what the internal temp is because I drop it in the fryer and it's done well before the 4 hour mark. As for how long in the fryer the only thing I know to do is pull it and check with a thermometer

Thank you!
Al

Not as good as smoked, in my opinion, but turned out OK. I've already told them ALL, I will smoke it next time...
Turkey 2021.jpg

It appears Charles is still in charge. That's one good looking bird.

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky