Thanksgiving Birds w/Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 1, 2008
Florida
I thought I would share our family get together.

I had 2 birds(22lbs and 18lbs). I put them in a overnight bath in Tips Slaughterhouse Brine. http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/a/tips-slaughterhouse-recipes-for-poultry

Got the smoker going in the morning but had some issues getting it to temp but once It got there grate temp hit 440 degrees. So the birds were in the smoker for about 20 minutes above 300 :biggrin:

TBS Rollin

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Here they are going in. Also I forgot to mention I spatchcocked them.

View media item 501458
Don't they look heavenly?

I cooked for about 3 hours staying between 300-320. The dark meat was done first so I cut the leg quarters off and let the breast go for about 30 minutes to get to 160-162.

here they are before the quarters were removed.

View media item 501459
I also did a carver ham and coated with nutmeg and brownsugar. Threw that into the smoker to get it warmed up.

Here is the plated view after carving.

View media item 501460
Here are the fixins

View media item 501461

Thanks for looking.

Reactions: SmokinAl
Beautiful birds and spread Brian.   I have yet to try that brine.   I see a lot that use it.

Beautiful birds and spread Brian.   I have yet to try that brine.   I see a lot that use it.

Thanks Adam.

Tips brine is good. Salt level is just right IMO. If you do not want the Cajun flavor just omit it. Its good without it also.

Looks great,I really like those hams.Thumbs Up

Thanks B

Awesome looking spread Brian!

A point worthy smoke for sure!!

Al

Thanks Al.

One thing I didn't mention in the post was that the second bird was for a friend that wanted to have leftovers. He was going to his inlaws and there wouldn't be much left from there. Well turns out they had the flu bug in the house so they had to stay home on thanksgiving and because I had this bird cooked they didn't have to worry about making a dinner while sick so it worked out pretty good.

Anyways I hope everyone else had a great Thanksgiving.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky