Thanksgiving at The Bear’s Den (2021)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Thanksgiving at The Bear’s Den (2021)

This is gonna be a Different kind of a year again.
For about 10 years, we had Thanksgiving at Bear Jr’s Den, because he had his in-laws there.
Then last year, due to the Pandemic, and No Vaccinations available yet, Mrs Bear & I had our TG at our Den, and Bear Jr & Bethany had their Dinner at their Den.

So since I’m no longer Smoking, I decided to make 2 Boneless Turkey Breast Roasts.
I also decided to make them in my Ninja Smart Grill, with the Smart Probe inserted.

So we rinsed the 2 Roasts & patted them Dry, after removing the bags & Net completely.
One fell apart & the other didn’t, so I decided not to flip them.
I Rubbed them down with Avocado Oil, and then Poultry Seasoning.
I set all the controls at 325°, Target Temp of 170°, and started it up.
After preheat was done, it said “Add Food”, so I did just that. Tracker said 43° IT.
When it said “Rest”, I opened it up & killed the heat. It carried over to between 172° and 181°, depending on where I stuck it.

Bear Jr brought Filling & a Pumpkin Pie.
I filled my plate & Mrs Bear brought it to me, in my chair, because I don’t like to eat at the table with oxygen on, and I have a tendency to drop things. They all joined me in the Living Room with their Desserts.

Everything was Great, including the “Brand New Shoo Fly Cake” Mrs Bear made.
I’ll make a Post all about that Cake in the next few days. It is now my Favorite Cake!!

Thanks for Looking,

Bear

Two Boneless Turkey Breast Roasts:
IMG_8055.jpeg

Both seasoned & One Smart-Probed in the Thickest Place:
IMG_8056.jpeg

Both in the Ninja:
IMG_8057.jpeg

Both Done & one removed to cutting board:
IMG_8059.jpeg

One Breast ready to slice, on my 58 year old Cutting Board, I made in 10th grade Wood-shop Class:
IMG_8061.jpeg

Dinner for 4 @ 4:
IMG_8062.jpeg

Bear's first helping:
IMG_8063.jpeg

The real Winner!!!
Mrs Bear made this "Shoo Fly Cake" It tastes exactly like a Shoo Fly Pie, without the crust & the wet bottom.
I'll be posting the Recipe & Step by Steps soon, as this is now My Favorite Cake!!
IMG_8064.jpeg

Slice Breast for Sammies, and the lower bowl is leftover "Boneless Skinless Thighs" I had to get rid of first:
IMG_8065.jpeg

Bear's Second Night's Supper:
IMG_8067.jpeg

And Here's My Third Night's Supper:
IMG_8068.jpeg

Bear great spread. The breasts look amazing as always.
Nice to have family back at the door again.

The cake you had mentioned in another post, and I have been waiting patiently. lol

Nice meal Bear, and family . what else can you ask for

David

Bear great spread. The breasts look amazing as always.
Nice to have family back at the door again.

The cake you had mentioned in another post, and I have been waiting patiently. lol

Nice meal Bear, and family . what else can you ask for

David

Thank You David!!
I should have that Cake up in a Day or 2.

Bear

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Good lookin meal . I had a patty melt on Thanksgiving . Did turkey with the kids on Friday .

The whole meal looks excellent John. Great cook on that Breast, looks perfectly cooked. I'd like to see the recipe for that cake too, looks delicious. Nice to be able to have Family over again. We had MIL and my Son, DIL and Granddaughter, just the usual suspects. No pictures though.

Looks like you had a great Thanksgiving Bear, good food shared with family.

I’ll be sure to show my wife when you post the shoo fly cake. The pie is one of her favorite desserts.

Bear, that looks like you all had a great Thanksgiving and I'm glad that you could all get back together again. I love green bean casserole, but I'm the only one in my family who does so I don't make it anymore...

very nice spread! you certainly make good use of the Ninja. We make our green beans the exact same way with the fried onions mixed in.

Great looking spread. I've taken to cooking turkey breast myself. We just waste so much of a whole turkey. And I'm waiting on that cake recipe. All it needs is a good cup of coffee to go with it!
Jim

Wow that's a fine looking spread Bear !
Nice to able to cook and share the love with family again !

Great looking breasts and meal!! Glad you were able to get together with the family. I’ll bet that cake was spectacular

Good lookin meal . I had a patty melt on Thanksgiving . Did turkey with the kids on Friday .

Thank You Rich!!
Bet that was a Great Friday!

Bear

Great looking meal, Bear! Turkey looks spot on and I love the classic cutting board. Hope everyone had an enjoyable holiday.

Thank You Neighbor!
That Board was in Bad shape, when I got it back from my Mother, after she passed.
Bear Jr ran it through his 37" Drum Sander & put new feet on it---Made it like Brand New.

Bear

Bear, looks like an amazing dinner. Well done by everyone, especially Mrs Bear.

Thank You MN !!
And for the Like.

Bear

The whole meal looks excellent John. Great cook on that Breast, looks perfectly cooked. I'd like to see the recipe for that cake too, looks delicious. Nice to be able to have Family over again. We had MIL and my Son, DIL and Granddaughter, just the usual suspects. No pictures though.

Thank You Mike!!
Sounds Great !!
I posted the Shoo Fly Cake.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky