Thank You Mrs Bear (45 years)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Thank You Mrs Bear (45 years)

I want to thank Mrs Bear for 45 Great years, as of today (December 27, 2013).

It was fast and furious, after first sight !!
Met her in October (weekend pass), married on Dec 27 (on leave), and I landed in Vietnam 6 weeks later. She wrote me 16 more letters than the number of days I was there. One time I came in from the field after 2 weeks at a fire base, and there was 20 letters waiting for me.

Don't know what I would have done without her. The woman is a Saint for putting up with me!!

Last year I spent 28 straight days in the hospital, and she was in the room with me for 8 hours of each of those days.

Here's the last descent picture of us at Our Son's Wedding:

No we aren't mad---The “June” sun in our eyes was brutal that day.

Bear

Congrats and hope many more years are to follow.

Great picture by the way.

Bear, morning..... You are blessed.... You are doing something right.... keep it up, and have many more anniversaries...... Dave

Congratulations to you both on a wonderful achievement! 45 years together is awesome, I hope you have many more ahead of you.

Last edited:
Now this is the most beautiful and fabulous kind of post to ever see! Congratulations indeed Dear Bears!

That is a beautiful picture of you all - great looking family indeed - and how tremendous!

Care to share your answer to the age old question of, "What's your secret to a great marriage, or to 45 years?" While that answer is different to each couple, it is always enlightening to hear!

In any event, happy anniversary indeed! And here's to a very happy 2014!

Cheers! - Leah

Congratulations to you both. 
first.gif

Congrats Bear! Great you shared this...says something about you and your marriage. Give that Lady a big hug today and everyday!

RG

Now this is the most beautiful and fabulous kind of post to ever see! Congratulations indeed Dear Bears!

That is a beautiful picture of you all - great looking family indeed - and how tremendous!

Care to share your answer to the age old question of, "What's your secret to a great marriage, or to 45 years?" While that answer is different to each couple, it is always enlightening to hear!

In any event, happy anniversary indeed! And here's to a very happy 2014!

Cheers! - Leah
Hard to say----I guess you have to pick a Great Mate. She cooks, cleans, raised our Son Great, not afraid to work, and never had a headache at the wrong time in 45 years.
sausage.gif

Funny thing is, when we met, she was a blind date, but she was the other guy's date:

When I went in the Army, I sold my car, because I figured I didn't need it for 3 years, and maybe never.

Then when I came home on weekend pass, I needed to drive the girl's car to go out. So My Buddy agreed to drive his car, if I got him a date. So the girl I was dating (Mary) said she'd get her friend to go with Gary. Gary & I arrived at Mary's house a few minutes early, and Linda wasn't there yet, so we waited. Then she knocked on the door & came in. As soon as I saw her, I said to myself, "Changes have to happen here, and they have to happen fast!!! So after the introductions, we headed out toward the Gary's car. The wheels in my head caused me to say, "Hey wait a minute Gary, Linda's too tall for you". (Linda was 5' 9", Gary 5' 7", Mary 5' 5", and Bear 6' 3"). So Linda seeing what I was up to, replied, "Well I do like tall men". Then Mary (tired of doing only one thing when we went out) responded, "Well why don't we switch dates?" Gary, already down 3 to 1, and only wanted a date---any date, replied, "Yeah, alright". So Linda got in the back with me, and Mary in the front with Gary, and we went to the "Monkeyville" (Montgomeryville) Drive-inn Movie.

And that was the beginning!

Bear

And Thank You All for the warm thoughts, words, and wishes!!!

Last edited:
Happy Anniversary! Congrats and I wish you both many more years of hibernating together...

Great story of how you two met, love it!

Last edited:
Well that is a fabulous answer Sir Bear!!!

Thank you for sharing such!

I love the description and story! There are no mere "accidents" in life, or so I believe, and so you were indeed meant to go on that date and switch things around and, well, beautiful stuff!!!

That is terrific! Celebrate well! Cheers! - Leah

Congrats John! I hit 25 this past June. You have a beautiful Wife and Family...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky