Thai, Thai, Thai they shout and scream! We Want more Thai Jerky!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Thanks Bear! It took some convincing to get him to try the Ruger, but he did. Now I'm going to have to buy some stock in an ammo company!

The jerky is done, but the photos are going to have to wait until this afternoon.
No problem!!

My Pics are usually a day or two late too, because I gotta go up the steps to my iMac27 to download them. 

I don't do steps too good.

BTW: Do they still sell BB Caps & CB Caps??  They'd be cheaper & fine for targeting.

Bear

No problem!!

My Pics are usually a day or two late too, because I gotta go up the steps to my iMac27 to download them. 

I don't do steps too good.

BTW: Do they still sell BB Caps & CB Caps??  They'd be cheaper & fine for targeting.

Bear
Yeah they still make BB & CB but I haven't seen any locally for quite some time. 22 isn't horrible. I figure its about $0.02-$0.04 per round. Pretty cheap entertainment really. Cheaper than going to a movie!

Yeah they still make BB & CB but I haven't seen any locally for quite some time. 22 isn't horrible. I figure its about $0.02-$0.04 per round. Pretty cheap entertainment really. Cheaper than going to a movie!
Absolutely!!

I was cheap---Got Bear Jr a BB gun at 5 yrs old----Then got him his first Compound Bow when he was 8 yrs old.

That way he could just keep shooting the same projectiles all the time.

At that time Jennings had the "Model K" (Kit bow).  You file it & put it together yourself, and paint it. Then it Grows with the kid---As he ages & grows, you adjust the draw length & poundage to fit the Kid. He used it until he was 15. 

Bear

Absolutely!!

I was cheap---Got Bear Jr a BB gun at 5 yrs old----Then got him his first Compound Bow when he was 8 yrs old.

That way he could just keep shooting the same projectiles all the time.

At that time Jennings had the "Model K" (Kit bow).  You file it & put it together yourself, and paint it. Then it Grows with the kid---As he ages & grows, you adjust the draw length & poundage to fit the Kid. He used it until he was 15. 

Bear
Both boys have bows. Somehow though it isn't cheap. Arrows keep disappearing!

Both boys have bows. Somehow though it isn't cheap. Arrows keep disappearing!
LOL---I used the same rules my Dad used with Baseballs & Arrows.

You don't come back in the house without the same number you went out with.

We (My Brother & I) spent until 10:30 PM with flashlights looking for an old browned Hardball (with a loose cover) that got hit into the high weeds beyond Left Field.

Bear

LOL---I used the same rules my Dad used with Baseballs & Arrows.

You don't come back in the house without the same number you went out with.

We (My Brother & I) spent until 10:30 PM with flashlights looking for an old browned Hardball (with a loose cover) that got hit into the high weeds beyond Left Field.

Bear
We loose most of them when we are camping. Usually shooting into the duff and needles of pine trees. Its amazing how well they get buried.

Okay here is the grand finale! I let this dry more than I normally do. Wanted to mix things up a bit. Sure is good stuff! After trimming, drying etc I ended up with 2.4 pounds.

b549c0936eba329be16357d6b01d652a.jpg

0324c0ee8906181a8d29c8a016fd031a.jpg

93921ba8541d1f06f20a7fd5f1836d42.jpg

5f8b68a40fbd77eb96b2a2da9c948e66.jpg

717c19bac540a120b2edb9f5f4614196.jpg

ENJOY!!!!

Smoke away!!!

Reactions: Bearcarver
Looks Great !!
drool.gif
--Points.

Pics are a little too big, but the first two are nice & clear!!

Nice Job!
icon14.gif

Bear

Looks great Case!!  I am going to  a friends wedding tomorrow, (2nd wedding, informal, cookout style), and I asked if I could bring anything.  Their answer was, "can you make some of that jerky you shared with us a couple of weeks ago?"  Yep, Thai jerky! people do ask for it, anyway, here's a few pics of my latest batch, I added fresh ground ginger to this one to change it up a bit.
In the vacuum 

About 1.5 lbs after smoked

close up

What a terrific thread, Case.

First the jerky looks great, I love Thai seasonings.

Second, I don't know about arming the kids. You might have to do more smokes just to keep on their good side.

Points.

Disco

Looks great Case!!  I am going to  a friends wedding tomorrow, (2nd wedding, informal, cookout style), and I asked if I could bring anything.  Their answer was, "can you make some of that jerky you shared with us a couple of weeks ago?"  Yep, Thai jerky! people do ask for it, anyway, here's a few pics of my latest batch, I added fresh ground ginger to this one to change it up a bit. In the vacuum 
About 1.5 lbs after smoked
close up

Looks great. We pretty much finished off what I made...

What a terrific thread, Case.

First the jerky looks great, I love Thai seasonings.

Second, I don't know about arming the kids. You might have to do more smokes just to keep on their good side.

Points.

Disco

Thanks Disco!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky