Thai Spicy Pork Stir Fry (W / Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I cant ever let my wife on this site...you are killing it Robert!

Thank you Dave!! I used to try to keep Tracy away from this place but she's gained a modicum of interest lately. She's even come to recognize a few of the members and asks me to show her the stuff they post in case she decides I need to make it for her. Ain't she so sweet?? :emoji_wink:

Robert

That looks fantastic Robert! I've made General Tso's sauce before. But not this.

My SIL makes awesome General Tso's!! On the rare occasions I get back to VA she always makes me the chicken and I eat till I'm about to explode. It's good stuff!!

Robert

Let me see if I can find the recipe and I will shoot it to you but the one I use has minced garlic, ginger, low sodium soy sauce, and brown sugar. Just cant remember the measurements off the top of my head.

That would be great John if you can find it. At least if it's coming from you I know I can trust it to be good. Don't put yourself out though. Worst case with those ingredients I can wing it and make some up on the fly....and hope for the best.

Robert

Thank you Zach!! This thing has been a lot of fun thus far. Everything has been really good. Takes a bit of getting used to though being that it cooks so fast.

Just curious...is that dropkick in the same direction as the CI skillets?? :emoji_laughing:

Gonna get slapped for that one,
Robert

CI skillets wound up being a bday present idea when my dad asked me. First one showed up yesterday

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200525174129851_COVER.jpg

Hoping the second one shows up today. 8" and fairly deep. Super heavy. I like it so far.

Reactions: Smokin' in AZ
That would be great John if you can find it. At least if it's coming from you I know I can trust it to be good. Don't put yourself out though. Worst case with those ingredients I can wing it and make some up on the fly....and hope for the best.

Robert

I don't have it here with me but If I remember correctly it is:

1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
3 TBS brown sugar
2 TBS minced garlic
2 TBS grated ginger

You can trying that out and tweak it to your liking. I like stuff garlicky so amped it up a little. A tad of cayenne or red pepper flakes might be good too now that I am thinking about it.

We LOVE beef and broccoli but I've not come up with a good recipe for the sauce

Have you tried my Brown Stir Fry Sauce? It is used for a bunch or dishes, with various additions, and " meat " and Broccoli in particular. My crew won't order Beef And Broccoli from the local Take-out because they prefer mine...JJ

Brown Stir Fry Sauce

2C Chicken Broth
3T Soy Sauce (Kikkoman)
2T White Sugar
2T Mirin
2T Oyster Sauce (Lee Kum Kee)
1T Hoisin Sauce (Lee Kum Kee)
1T Sweet Dark Soy Sauce (Sub 1T Soy Sauce and 1T Molasses. )
2tsp Toasted Sesame Oil
1/2tsp Grnd White Pepper
1/2tsp MSG

2T Corn Starch

Add the Corn Starch to a bowl. Whisk in the remaining ingredients. Add as needed to Cooked Ingredients and bring to a simmer to thicken. Serve.

This makes about 2 1/2Cups of Sauce. The typical Quart of Chinese Food has between 1/4C and 1/2C Sauce depending on the variety and restaurant.
The individual ingredient are MONTHS old in my Refer. So I figure this Sauce has a long refrigerated shelve life.

For General Tso Sauce, add 1C Sugar and 1/2C White Vinegar to above.

Here's a Bonus cause we're Family!

Chicken and Broccoli ( Or any Protein)

8 to 16oz Chicken, cut in thin strips.
Marinade...
1 to 2tsp Soy Sauce
1 to 2tsp Corn Starch
1/8 to 1/4tsp Baking Soda
1/8 to 1/4tsp Grnd White Pepper
1/8 to 1/4tsp MSG or Salt
Combine, Mix well and refrigerate 1 hour.

2T Veg Oil, divided.
1tsp Minced Garlic
1tsp Minced Ginger
1ea minced White portion of Scallion, (Green for Garnish),
divided.
2C Broccoli Florets*, cut in bite size pieces.
1/2C Water
1/4 to 1/2C Stir Fry Sauce.
*Peel and slice Stem 1/8" Thick and add it...BEST PART!
Cornstarch Slurry as needed.

Prep everything and have them close by, thing will happen FAST!
Heat a Wok or Non-Teflon Saute Pan over Med/High heat.
Add half the Oil and heat it.
Add half the Garlic, Ginger and Scallions.
Stir Fry until fragrant, about 20 seconds.
Add Meat and stir fry until 50% done, remove and set aside.
Add second portion of Oil, heat and add remaining Garlic, Etc.
Add Broccoli and increase heat to High.
Stir fry 30 seconds and add Water.
Stir and Boil until Water evaporates.
Return Chicken to the pan and stir fry briefly, add Sauce Mix.
Stir and toss until Sauce thickens, the Broccoli is tender crisp and Chicken is cooked.
Serve with Rice or as desired

Reactions: Smokin' in AZ
Looks great Robert! Just keep thinking how many things we can try your sauce on! Gotta remember to check for chips to try your fire roasted salsa, would hate to have to eat it with a spoon! Thank god we have lots of cast iron so we don't need more but showed shelly the pic of your new flat top and she really liked it. You have been putting out some really great looking meals on it! Not just you but others as well, just liked yours for the portability.

Ryan

And thank you to chef jimmyj chef jimmyj for posting those recipes...it's no wonder the to do list never gets any shorter! I appreciate it! And also to Robert, tx smoker tx smoker for the recipe for your thai chili sauce, I know I have other recipes from you we haven't tried yet.

Ryan

Reactions: chef jimmyj
Looks delicious Robert!! Sometimes less sauce is better letting other flavors shine through.

Thank you Derek. Very much appreciate it. Did you manage to get all the stuff cooked this past weekend that you mentioned in your thread? We sure didn't. Weather idiots were calling for horrid weather all weekend so I didn't plan much. Turns out they were on par....always wrong. Saturday and Sunday were beautiful. I just hope somebody got to complete their plans :emoji_wink:

Robert

Yes, minus the hot dogs. Made a pepperoni pizza instead.

Yes, minus the hot dogs. Made a pepperoni pizza instead.

Hey...that works. Had plans to do pizza tonight but Tracy derailed those so am doing some grilled Italian subs. Glad you got to do at least most of what you had planned....and made a good improvisation on the last one.

Robert

Awesome job Robert! I’ll have to try that chili sauce. My to do list and things I want to try is always growing, so it’s hard to keep up. Sadly I can’t eat as fast as all the things I end up looking at on here.

Looks good Robert. Added to the 6 mile long queue.....

Is it possible to wear out a griddle top? :emoji_joy:

LIKE!

John

Misplaced Nebraskan Misplaced Nebraskan I just ordered 2 Lodge 8"CI pans that are supposed to be here Friday. Also ordered the red silicone cover for the handle.

Now to go through all the CI posts and figure out what to make this weekend.....:emoji_thinking:

Looks good Robert. Added to the 6 mile long queue.....

Is it possible to wear out a griddle top? :emoji_joy:

LIKE!

John

Misplaced Nebraskan Misplaced Nebraskan I just ordered 2 Lodge 8"CI pans that are supposed to be here Friday. Also ordered the red silicone cover for the handle.

Now to go through all the CI posts and figure out what to make this weekend.....:emoji_thinking:
There's a few threads to sort through :emoji_sweat_smile: My to-do lists are quite long haha

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Looks fantastic. Yes, another added. Getting closer and closer to pulling trigger on a griddle. Sure would like with cover right away.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky