Thai Spicy Pork Stir Fry (W / Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
Still playing with the new griddle and and coming up with new things to throw together. This one was quick, simple, fun, and very tasty!! Gotta give a shout out to my friend Ryan ( Brokenhandle Brokenhandle ) for this one. We've had a discussion going for a while now and the Thai Sweet Chili Sauce came up a few days ago. I offered to send him some, to which he readily agreed. I just needed to get some made. Easy enough. Got that and a few other things done yesterday and need to get his package ready to ship. While making this I was thinking through different things we'd discussed and decided to make this for dinner.

The Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
001.jpg

Got the pork loin cut up and marinating in the chili sauce
002.jpg

Cut up some broccoli, red bell pepper, and green onions. Got water chestnuts and bamboo shoots in the bowls
004.jpg

Pork on the griddle
005.jpg

Cook for a few minutes and add all the veggies
006.jpg

Mix it up and let the veggies cook down just a bit
007.jpg

Plated with some Asian themed couscous I threw together
012.jpg

Yep....quick, easy, and very flavorful. Not super saucy like a lot of Asian inspired meals I've eaten but enough to know fully well what you're eating. The couscous was made with some sesame oil and Asian seasonings but it was still pretty bland. Wound up adding some soy sauce to bring it to life. That's OK though, it all went very well together. One thing I gotta say about this griddle is that it cooks FAST!! Even on low temp it seems to be running pretty darned hot. Sure doesn't take long to cook something like this, or any of the other things I've cooked on it thus far.

Oh well, this one is a wrap,
Robert

Well I'll be darned Robert, stirfry on the flat top, I Like it! I haven't cracked out the wok since we moved to this place with a electric stove, tho just about everything cooked on a wok is about as hot as it gets. Looks like another bonus point for getting a griddle, that's for sure. RAY

In for any and all of this! Bravo! That Thai Chili Sauce looks great! Great work and that little cook-top is already paying dividends! It was already on my list but this is just a dropkick in the right direction!

giphy.gif

source.gif

Hell yeah man that looks awesome! I like to do beef and broccoli on mine but will have to try out this and the pork next time. Big LIKE my friend!

Nice! I've played with several Thai ingredients but the Sweet Chile Sauce is not one. I have to make a batch...JJ

Looks like a tasty dish there Robert.

Thank you Jim!! Was certainly tasty. Sweet on the front, a big hit of garlic, then a nice spice tingle on the back end from all the crushed red pepper. A perfect balance.

Robert

Well I'll be darned Robert, stirfry on the flat top, I Like it! I haven't cracked out the wok since we moved to this place with a electric stove, tho just about everything cooked on a wok is about as hot as it gets. Looks like another bonus point for getting a griddle, that's for sure. RAY

Thank you my friend!! Appreciate the kind words. I've always wanted a griddle and this was one of the things I wanted to cook n it. Needless to say, I didn't wait long after getting the griddle to make some. So easy and with it out on the patio there's no heating up the house with a blazing hot wok. Keep us posted on that griddle!! Worst case we can start up a Go Fund Me page to collect money to buy you one :emoji_wink: Something tells me we really wouldn't need to do that but getting one free from Cabela's would be a treat.

Robert

In for any and all of this! Bravo! That Thai Chili Sauce looks great! Great work and that little cook-top is already paying dividends! It was already on my list but this is just a dropkick in the right direction!

Thank you Zach!! This thing has been a lot of fun thus far. Everything has been really good. Takes a bit of getting used to though being that it cooks so fast.

Just curious...is that dropkick in the same direction as the CI skillets?? :emoji_laughing:

Gonna get slapped for that one,
Robert

Reactions: Misplaced Nebraskan
Hell yeah man that looks awesome! I like to do beef and broccoli on mine but will have to try out this and the pork next time. Big LIKE my friend!

Very much appreciate it John. If I'm not mistaken didn't you recently post something similar that you did on your griddle? I know somebody did and that's what really got me headed in this direction. We LOVE beef and broccoli but I've not come up with a good recipe for the sauce. Tried a couple times but fell on my face. Gonna go on another quest though because this came out so well I gotta keep the Asian stuff going.

Robert

Nice! I've played with several Thai ingredients but the Sweet Chile Sauce is not one. I have to make a batch...JJ

That's kind of a surprise that you've not done something along these lines....but there are a LOT of different Asian inspired lines to cover. I'm gonna be posting the recipe in a few minutes if you wanna give it a try.

Robert

Very much appreciate it John. If I'm not mistaken didn't you recently post something similar that you did on your griddle? I know somebody did and that's what really got me headed in this direction. We LOVE beef and broccoli but I've not come up with a good recipe for the sauce. Tried a couple times but fell on my face. Gonna go on another quest though because this came out so well I gotta keep the Asian stuff going.

Robert

Let me see if I can find the recipe and I will shoot it to you but the one I use has minced garlic, ginger, low sodium soy sauce, and brown sugar. Just cant remember the measurements off the top of my head.

Damn! That dish looks delicious..... Robert, any chance you can share the Sweet Chile Sauce recipe ?

Thank you very much for the kind words. It was about the best Asian dish I've made.

Certainly I'll share the recipe. I thought I'd posted it before but maybe not....and even if I had I wouldn't have a clue where I put it. Here ya go:

1/2 cup rice vinegar (or white vinegar)
1/2 cup white sugar (plus 2 tablespoons)
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons Hoisin sauce
2 tablespoons sherry (or cooking sherry)**
2 tablespoons garlic (minced)
1/2 to 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper (1 tablespoon makes spicy-hot sauce)
1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch (dissolved in 3 to 4 tablespoons cool water)

Place all ingredients—except the cornstarch-water mixture—in a saucepan or pot.

Bring to a rolling boil.

Reduce heat to medium and let boil for 10 minutes, or until reduced by half. (Note that the vinegar will be quite pungent as it burns off--rice vinegar is less strong than regular white vinegar.)

Reduce heat to low and add the cornstarch-water mixture. Stir to incorporate and continue stirring occasionally until the sauce thickens about 2 minutes. Then remove from heat and taste-test.

When you are taste-testing, you should taste sweet first, followed by sour, then spicy and salty notes. If the sauce isn't sweet enough, add a little more sugar. If it's not spicy enough, add more chili.

(**I used 1 tablespoon each of Grenadine and Vermouth)

This makes a small amount. Every time I make it I do at least a double batch. this is just what I started with in small quantities until I got it dialed in. I should probably go back and modify the recipe to reflect everything X2. It's easy to make and real fast. Ryan and I talked about numerous things to put it on. I've done pork and turkey, even a pork tenderloin that was REALLY good. I'd bet though it'd be fantastic on pretty much anything that swims, especially white fish or shrimp.

Hope you enjoy it,
Robert

Reactions: Misplaced Nebraskan

Thank you Derek. Very much appreciate it. Did you manage to get all the stuff cooked this past weekend that you mentioned in your thread? We sure didn't. Weather idiots were calling for horrid weather all weekend so I didn't plan much. Turns out they were on par....always wrong. Saturday and Sunday were beautiful. I just hope somebody got to complete their plans :emoji_wink:

Robert

Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
And another post showing me that I "need" a griddle. Damn MCS!
That look very good love me some stir fry.

I can relate as I'm familiar with that problem. It was a few folks here posting their stuff that drove me to getting one. At least they are inexpensive.

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky