Thai Jerky Kicked up a bit

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nunantal

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 30, 2014
Austin, TX
I made some of Case's (dirtsailor2003) Thai jerky but knowing that my grandsons always ask me to add a little extra heat

to the end product I decided to lightly sprinkle a little of McCormicks Hot Shot Pepper on it before I dried it out.  My  son

had my dehydrator so I had to use the oven.  I may have added a little more of the hot shot than I thought  because the jerky

will certainly get your attention when you take a bite.  Overall, pretty good but I think I'll try another batch with just black pepper.

All in all, it still had the  Thai taste but with a kick.

Here's the curing stage.

Just before drying...

The finished product...

Reactions: dirtsailor2003
Looks great!

points1.png

NNT, I just realized you only made one tray! It must be gone already ! 
icon_biggrin.gif
Not quite yet...my grandsons  will be over later today or tomorrow morning to  mow my yard.   That'll be the end of it. 

Because of that, I call my one pound runs "samplers".

Looks really good! 

My wife and son don't particularly go for spicy food, but they can't get enough of my spicy jerky when I make it. I'll have to give this hot shot spice a shot. I typically add some cayenne, dried pepper flakes and a tablespoon or 3 of Sriracha sauce to the marinade. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky