Thai chili glazed CSRs on the Lang smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

73saint

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Mar 8, 2017
Near New Orleans La
Went to the grocery this morning, I wanted to grill or smoke something, but had no idea what. I promised myself I would shop prices, nothing else. So when I came across these country style ribs it was a no brainer. Cheap, and something I’ve been wanting to do.
475CAB67-492B-4F30-8547-589C0209E666.jpeg
I got 4 of these packs, and picked up some fresh green onion, cilantro and basil. I already knew I wanted to make a Thai chili glazed rib. Last time I did the same with St. Louis spares, and I’ve been thinking about them ever since.

I did a little research on methods, and got these all seasoned up. I went with what I had, basic soy sauce, garlic powder, white pepper, smoked salt, red pepper and smoked paprika.
3ED290C2-03F6-4EBC-8CD2-021ADFAE730B.jpeg
887D0B11-4F6C-4ED9-8EB7-DA09C757E00B.jpeg

I got my Lang 36 patio fired up with pecan wood, and I was ready to go in no time.
AECA8C04-7950-4C35-8C50-637B0B30B900.jpeg
8BAF9AAB-3FC2-4717-9B54-C069DBDD4F6A.jpeg
Into the pit they went, I ran the smoker at around 230 for roughly 4-4.5 hours. At about 160 internal, I started to pull and glaze.
A740030D-AFEA-4CC7-A908-9D241FD05A93.jpeg
I really like this Zea Thai chili glaze. Sweet and spicy, goes excellent with smoked pork.

While the ribs were nearing completion I chopped up a medley of basil, cilantro and green onion tops. Once everything was inside, I simply shake sesame seeds and sprinkle the herbs all over the ribs. Really sets it off and give a fresh flavor to the sweet smoky pork.
05536F43-619B-4307-872C-04DEB9A4EBDF.jpeg
4CF37B01-43F1-461C-9AC6-A1AD7C236DC8.jpeg
Looking really good with the Zea Thai chili glaze, once these set up (30 mins or so), they are ready.
6A35DD49-DF82-4450-A10F-947D9740313E.jpeg
And here they are all ready to be plated. I had turnip greens with my homemade bacon leftover from last night so I heated some up, to go with the ribs.
41F15D22-5F2A-4D2C-83A0-70C911607448.jpeg
46792B8C-F90C-444E-9812-1FAF6DB54746.jpeg
A18F8149-786A-444D-9001-8EAC7C1B4A43.jpeg
These were so good, I can’t believe it’s taken me this long to make CSRs. Certainly will do them again, and now we’ve got a nice bit of leftovers for the week!
ED9CC2B3-CD01-4F0F-81D0-BDBAD41D356D.jpeg

Attachments

• 40FA45C0-2C50-4845-A04C-E64525FF707F.jpeg
    40FA45C0-2C50-4845-A04C-E64525FF707F.jpeg
    244.5 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Thats some good looking CSRs ! I have never made them before as well. I guess after seeing yours and your reaction to them I need to take the plunge! Also I remember you using that sauce on a big rib cook. I was going to order some and completely forgot. I'm planning on trying it on some wings. Glad you posted this because it reminded me to order some of the sauce and inspiring me to do some CSRs. LIKE!

Reactions: 73saint
Super delcious looking!! Your pics and playing are excellent on these. These are feature worthy in my book!

WOW Looks great. I love CSR's
Thanks Adam! I’ve always loved them, glad I finally smoked up a batch!
Love CSRs myself and lok ve the thai flavors you have going on.
Thanks Kevin and thanks for the input earlier!
Thats some good looking CSRs ! I have never made them before as well. I guess after seeing yours and your reaction to them I need to take the plunge! Also I remember you using that sauce on a big rib cook. I was going to order some and completely forgot. I'm planning on trying it on some wings. Glad you posted this because it reminded me to order some of the sauce and inspiring me to do some CSRs. LIKE!
Thanks Sowsage! Yeah man, that time I did the large rib cook was the last time I did those Thai ribs, and I’ve been wanting to do them ever since. You’ve got a great memory!
Super delcious looking!! Your pics and playing are excellent on these. These are feature worthy in my book!
Thanks Jcam! I appreciate the compliment!

Last edited:
Reactions: jcam222
It’s pricy I’ll go ahead and warn you. I fortunately already had a bottle, otherwise it would have blown my savings from the cheap CSRs.

Those CSR’s look awesome, Saint!! I definitely need to try these.

I never made them either, the stores around here sell them but they’re sliced from thin cut pork chops and no wider than my finger...just pathetic looking, thats why I never bothered.

After seeing these, I’ll cut them myself from a boneless butt.

Great looking plate the ribs l could go for.
Richie
Thanks Richie!
Those CSR’s look awesome, Saint!! I definitely need to try these.

I never made them either, the stores around here sell them but they’re sliced from thin cut pork chops and no wider than my finger...just pathetic looking, thats why I never bothered.

After seeing these, I’ll cut them myself from a boneless butt.
Thanks X-ray! Yeah man, cutting them from a shoulder would be a great idea!
Are you serious you didn't buy a couple extra packs and invite me dang what can I say. But I can say a awesome looking cook.

Warren
Lol thanks Warren, I’m getting the business from several family members as well. Guess I shoulda bought more haha!!

Those CSRs look awesome saint. Well done

Point for sure
Chris

Looks Great, Saint!!!
99 Cents a Pound!!!!! Wish we'd get that price---I'd get a bunch!!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear

Man those look great I could eat a plate right now.
Great job and a big Like

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky