• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Thai chili glazed CSRs on the Lang smoker

HalfSmoked

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Just a thought and someone has most likely already done it but I bet this would make some great wings.

Warren

sawhorseray

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2014
Boy howdy, you hit that one clean out of the park! Congrats on a well deserved carousel ride, Like. RAY

73saint

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 8, 2017
Looks good 73saints, congrats on making the carousel!
Thanks Inda!!
Looks Great, Saint!!!
99 Cents a Pound!!!!! Wish we'd get that price---I'd get a bunch!!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear
Thanks Bear! Yeah, I left the store thinking I shoulda bought every pack they had!
Loving your herb medley with sesame seeds! I think I will be "borrowing" that.
Congrats on the ride Saint!
Thanks browneyes, but I can't take credit for the herb medley, it's suggested on the bottle, only I add green onion tops. I tell ya, the basil and cilantro is a blend I never would have considered but it works!
Man those look great I could eat a plate right now.
Great job and a big Like

Gary
Thanks Gary, having them for lunch today.
Just a thought and someone has most likely already done it but I bet this would make some great wings.

Warren
Warren, I bet these would be even better on wings...great idea!
Boy howdy, you hit that one clean out of the park! Congrats on a well deserved carousel ride, Like. RAY
Thanks Ray!!

HalfSmoked

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Thanks for the like sawhorseray just thinking outside the box.

Warren

chopsaw

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
These were so good, I can’t believe it’s taken me this long to make CSRs
Well they sure look great ! Around here they sell them 2 ways , like you have here , or with loin meat . Nice work .

SmokinVOLfan

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 27, 2018
Dang Saint those CSR's look amazing! I haven't done any in a long time. They usually sell them around here for $1.69lb somewhere around there. What temp did you pull them at?

73saint

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 8, 2017
Dang Saint those CSR's look amazing! I haven't done any in a long time. They usually sell them around here for $1.69lb somewhere around there. What temp did you pull them at?
Thanks, it was hard to get a real accurate read but I started glazing at 160/170 or so, and let them set up an additional 30-45 minutes in the smoker w the vents closed 80%. I'd say 175 ish. I like that style of rib with a little chew (like a thick cut pork chop). I think my g/f would have preferred them more fall apart tender but they were exactly what I was looking for. I think the close up bite pic shows the texture pretty well...

tander28

Smoke Blower
Joined Jan 7, 2016
Thanks, it was hard to get a real accurate read but I started glazing at 160/170 or so, and let them set up an additional 30-45 minutes in the smoker w the vents closed 80%. I'd say 175 ish. I like that style of rib with a little chew (like a thick cut pork chop). I think my g/f would have preferred them more fall apart tender but they were exactly what I was looking for. I think the close up bite pic shows the texture pretty well...
I had the same question, I've had hit or miss luck with CSRs. Either perfect or dry as a bone!

JC in GB

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 28, 2018
I am now craving some Asian style ribs... Good news is I know how to fix that problem, :emoji_smile_cat:

Nice looking cook.

JC :emoji_cat:

crazymoon

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 24, 2014
73S, Nice smoke and excellent looking CSRs'

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.