Texas Goldee's style brisket. - Pic Heavy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Chris_in_SoCal

Master of the Pit
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 18, 2012
SCV - So Cal
I have seen a lot of videos of the number one brisket BBQ in Texas and what they use in their cooks. It is pretty simple so I will give it a try. The price of brisket locally finally dropped from around $8 Lb to under $4 Lb so this 12.74 Lb brisket cost $50.

Their secret is supposed to be Laury's Seasoned Salt so I will give it a try.

2023_blackees_brisket_001.jpg

I used the cutoff fat to make some tallow. I will use while resting the brisket.

2023_blackees_brisket_002.jpg

In the smoker last night.

2023_blackees_brisket_003.jpg

I got a new 4 probe thermometer with a remote so I don't have to use my phone.

2023_blackees_brisket_005.jpg

Lost the smoke tube but the pizza wood box with chips did just fine.

2023_blackees_brisket_006.jpg

Going to bed, one last check.

2023_blackees_brisket_007.jpg

And resting. The tallow was hard and cold when I placed it on top. I walked 5 feet to get my phone and it had already melted into the brisket before I could snap a pic.

2023_blackees_brisket_008.jpg

Finished.

2023_blackees_brisket_009.jpg

2023_blackees_brisket_010.jpg

I made some brisket sliders for dinner.

2023_blackees_brisket_011.jpg

Looks real good Chris. I've grilled pineapple before with mixed results, but I've never tried wrapping them in bacon.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: Chris_in_SoCal
Absolutely beautiful Chris!! Very nice job on that brisket. All the other stuff looks top shelf also...and glad you discovered grilled pineapple. Started doing that a long time ago and it is fantastic. Never done the bacon wrap though but it is intriguing.

Weird observation. The first cut shot of the brisket it looks kinda dry. That second close-up shot proves otherwise!! That looks super juicy and delicious.

Robert

Reactions: Chris_in_SoCal
Absolutely beautiful Chris!! Very nice job on that brisket. All the other stuff looks top shelf also...and glad you discovered grilled pineapple. Started doing that a long time ago and it is fantastic. Never done the bacon wrap though but it is intriguing.

Weird observation. The first cut shot of the brisket it looks kinda dry. That second close-up shot proves otherwise!! That looks super juicy and delicious.

Robert

You are observant. The side with the first cut was a little on the dry side but not too much overdone. I should have made more tallow. I usually spray with apple juice every hour or so but didn't have a sprayer with me. I did use a small drill bit and put a few holes in the bottle cap but it poured too fast and dropped the temp of the Brisket 8 degrees. I didn't do that anymore.

Still it was pretty good.

Oh I guess I never gave a verdict on the taste. Compared to my usual cook with a brisket rub it was a sharper taste. Part of that is probably due to the extra smoke from the wood chips. My wife took a large portion to work last night and they licked the container clean. She said they really loved it. I could go either way. It was good and I will keep eating it. Will I do it this way next time? Probably not since I like the taste I am more familiar with.

As far as the pineapple we have them all the time. I throw them in the smoker and on the pit often. I just meant putting rub and brown sugar on them before wrapping in bacon and smoking it.

Now I will go reheat some brisket ad a couple Potato balls for an early dinner.

Brisket is great for using the leftovers. You wake up early and are starving. Add it to a great breakfast.

2023_blackees_brisket_012.jpg

It was so good and filling you never had any dinner. The next day you are pretty hungry and decide to make a burrito. Lets use some more of that brisket for that.

2023_blackees_brisket_013.jpg

The brisket is almost half gone now but it will be placed into a few more meals until it is done.

Reactions: 02ebz06
This is what I did with the dry part of the brisket. I cut it into chunks and placed it in the instapot along with a quart of water and two beef bullion cubes, potatoes, celery, carrots, red and green cabbage. Salt and pepper. I set it to meat stew and let it go for 40 minutes. It was so good I did something I rarely do. I went back for another bowl. The brisket still tasted like brisket but was not dry at all. It was the texture of corned beef but still had the taste of brisket.

2023_blackees_brisket_014.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 02ebz06
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky