Testing Amazin Oval Tube

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
For what reason would a Microwave Dry Pellets? Where does the water/Humidity go from the pellets,

Microwaves heat the water in the pellets and turn it into steam which escapes into the space in the oven, or is exhausted if the oven is vented like many built ins. After microwaving pellets, you can see moisture on the surfaces inside. Whether vented or not, enough water is driven from the pellets to reduce the moisture content in them. Not everyone needs to do this - it depends on the type of smoker, pellet brand and wood species, supplemental smoke device, altitude, etc.

Microwaves heat the water in the pellets and turn it into steam which escapes into the space in the oven, or is exhausted if the oven is vented like many built ins. After microwaving pellets, you can see moisture on the surfaces inside. Whether vented or not, enough water is driven from the pellets to reduce the moisture content in them. Not everyone needs to do this - it depends on the type of smoker, pellet brand and wood species, supplemental smoke device, altitude, etc.

That is what I guessed---The moisture is driven to the surface, but it's not dry enough for the water to evaporate, so you should have to wipe the sweat off of each individual pellet. If that wasn't true my Pizza & leftover Cheesesteaks would all dry up & be unfit to eat instead of being just as good as they were when taken out of the box from where they were bought.
In an oven or Smoker it's hot enough for the humidity in the pellets to dry up & evaporate, but not in a Microwave.

Bear

I have a 12" A-MAZE-N oval tube, I just fill it up with pellets straight from my buckets. I light it and let it burn the prescribed 10 minutes, then blow out the flame. It smokes a good 4 hours and has never went out. I have a Pit Boss 700 Classic and put the tube on the right side of the grill.

Fyi the microwave has a fan to remove moisture that has come to the outside of food that is being cooked,i do know a lot about some things and nothing about others, in this case a microwave removes moisture from the interior of food with the fan removing it from the unit,basic mechanics for the most part

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky