terriaki sauce for ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokemom

Smoke Blower
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 2, 2006
california
hi,

smoking pork ribs today and have some terriaki maranade on them.. is there a teriaki sauce i can make for them? feels good to be smoking again.....was out of commission for awhile but starting to get back into fun again!

kathy

Kathy, glad your back with us. Hope your being out of commission wasn't too serious.

For a simple teriyaki sauce I use 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce and 1/4 cup (packed) brown sugar. Heat the soy sauce in a sauce pan, it will help dissolve the brown sugar.

Hey smokemom,

If you like a little heat, shake a little red pepper flakes in your terriyaki finishing sauce. And beofre serving, sprinkle some lightly toasted sesame seeds on them. You can dry toast the seeds in a skillet or frying pan over med heat - just until they start to turn light brown. It brings out their great flavor. Great stuff....now I'm getting hungry!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky