Tendonitis- Yep, I got it...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
Fairly certain it was from cleaning all those geese we shot. gripping the skin and pulling repetitively. And it flared up again when skinning those little wild hogs. Elbow is on ice now....I;m gonna have to take a break and go easy for a while and let it heal.......

Not happy to hear that Keith, all the "itis" stuff starts, goes away, and comes back when it wants to. There are all kinds of new remedies and procedures available, research now while you still have the time. The hardest things to get used to as you age are the loss of strength and flexibility, and how it limits so many things you have come to enjoy doing and then no longer can. Do the research bro, it can't hurt, I'm 71 and fairly crippled. RAY

Fairly certain it was from cleaning all those geese we shot. gripping the skin and pulling repetitively. And it flared up again when skinning those little wild hogs. Elbow is on ice now....I;m gonna have to take a break and go easy for a while and let it heal.......
Tendinitis stinks - I get it bad from things as simple as throwing darts - it’s crazy

Reactions: indaswamp
I got it once from using hand pruners doing an orchard pruning job that went several weeks. What really sucked is that I still had to keep working through it. Every time I'd make a cut with the pruners, it felt like the 2 bones in my forearm were grating against each other. It really sucked, so I know how it is.

Reactions: indaswamp
Yeah get ice on it.

Arm injuries are terrible.

This last one for me 7 weeks ago they cut off 3/4" off my clavicle, ground it, pulled the tendon back over and put 4 screws in, repaired a 1/4" tear in my rotator. Now 16 weeks of PT...Torture....lol

Not fun

Hope you get a speedy recovery.

Reactions: chopsaw
That sucks Keith I hope it heals soon
Injections ain't the best thing in the world for it but does usually help within a couple days but they don't like doing them very often. They went in one of my elbows and chipped the bone and rerouted the nerve and did a lot of tendon work. I was supposed to go back and have another surgery on that elbow but after it taking forever to recover from the first one I didn't go back to finish that elbow let alone do the other one. :emoji_laughing: I watch what I do now so as to try to not aggravate them anymore. What really sucks is I can't throw plugs for a long time and I used to love to fish with top water lures for trout and redfish. Fun watching the trout explode on them and watching the redfish hit it multipe times trying to get it
Tell them guys you'll shoot the geese but then you'll rustle up food while they clean them :emoji_sunglasses: One of these days I want to go back to the coast in LA and will probably need somebody to show me how it's done there we didn't do so great the one time we went down there

Well that sucks big time, Keith. Something to reduce inflammation and pain along with ice and a compression band is what my wife does to help hers...

man, that's too bad to hear, hopefully you can get over it quickly now and flair ups aren't too bad or often in the future!

gripping the skin and pulling repetitively
That will do it . I used to get it bad from pulling sheets of drywall up and on to the scaffold . Thumb and forefinger pressure plus the weight / force . It's painful , but we didn't have a choice but to work through it . Came and went depending on the day .
Do like Steve said and get a compression band .

Reactions: sawhorseray
Not happy to hear that Keith, all the "itis" stuff starts, goes away, and comes back when it wants to. There are all kinds of new remedies and procedures available, research now while you still have the time. The hardest things to get used to as you age are the loss of strength and flexibility, and how it limits so many things you have come to enjoy doing and then no longer can. Do the research bro, it can't hurt, I'm 71 and fairly crippled. RAY
It doesn't help any if you've done mostly manual labor most of your life. The moving parts eventually wear out, like any machine.

Reactions: sawhorseray
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky