Tenderloin For Trade

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pigcicles

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Nov 25, 2006
Home
Had another tenderloin smoke this weekend, which put off my plans for a good brisket smoke. The wife wanted tenderloin for her work Christmas party and as a general rule.. she wins. I was thinking maybe I could trade a good tenderloin for some melt in your mouth brisket... but I might be hanging on the shop wall if I do that. Here's a few pics - nothing special. More later after the resting is done
283a7028_vbattach11508.jpg

215b6628_vbattach11507.jpg

c2795f1c_vbattach11088.jpg

c8f09df9_vbattach11087.jpg

Lookin mighty good.I did a whole smoker load of chickens and cornish hens yesterday,I keep listening to you guys talkin brisket and I just am going to have to do one.Edt 1 question is that a boughten rub or homemade,I need to start trying some of the others rubs and that looks nice!

Pics of the finished tenderloin - Not my best, but still pretty good stuff.
c47543aa_vbattach11509.jpg

7426f597_vbattach11510.jpg

bafbb44f_vbattach11089.jpg

94a3be48_vbattach11090.jpg

Thanks Coz. I used a home made rub that generally works pretty well for pulled pork. Usually I coat the meat with yellow mustard before applying the rub.. I forgot this time (slaps self in forehead) which might be why I think it is lacking a bit. If you want it here it is.. pretty simple

INGREDIENTS:
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup paprika
2 tablespoons black pepper
2 tablespoons salt
1 tablespoon cayenne
2 teaspoons dry mustard
1 teaspoon cumin (if desired)
1 teaspoon celery salt (if desired)

Just mix it all together starting with the paprika and sugars - work out the lumps, then add the rest as you go. Good Luck

Keep Smokin

Joe

Yeahhh I know.. I didn't think to get it out of the freezer in time for the tenderloin smoke (which wasn't frozen) and what with all the shopping and extra stuff.. I really didn't have the time I needed to commit to a good solid smoke. Maybe Friday I'll have the time, gotta check with the wife on what plans she made.

I was a pretty good tenderloin, just didn't have that - you know - getcha right there, makes ya warm and fuzzy, mouth watering, taste bud tickling, can't get enough flavor. Ya know? Like a wonderful brisket. But still pretty good.

Joe

Sure looks good! I've never seen pork tenderloin that big. Those things are HUGE. They look more like the size of loin than tenderloin. How is it pulled? I've only ever done butt pulled. We like the fat in it. Tenderloin would be good to serve for the fat avoiders that come around every now and then.

Thanks Dickeydoobbq. That one came from SAM'S meat dept. I can't remember the weight on it, but I cut it in half to make handling easier. When I pull tenderloin, just pull it away just like pulling other meats. It will come off nicely when tender. You can also use forks if it is still hot.

As a side note, the meat is better today. Still not a brisket though (I know enough about the brisket thing)

Joe

I'm sure with ya on the brisket sentiments PC. I'm pretty sure I should be in some honorary Texas BBQ club the way I feel about brisket.

jrollins, I assume you are talking about the (small) next to the picture name. That is attached to the picture name after it has been resized by the Microsoft PowerToys Image Resizer. If you do have it you can download it at http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...ertoySetup.exe

Or as Ultramag suggests you can use an offsite image host for your pics without worrying about size limits

Keep Smokin

FYI, re-sizing them is the way to go even with an offsite host. They'll upload faster and the people viewing on the forum will like you better. Especially those of us still out of reach of high speed internet.

I don't want to be the guy the lynch mob comes after because of all the 1 Mb+ pics on the board.

Hey you guys…I believe those cuts of meat are pork loins, not tenderloins, the tenderloin comes from the inside of the rib cage and generally are around 1 1/2 to 3 lbs and very tender and the loins are from the outside of the rib and are generally around 8 lbs and much firmer, those things are bigger than a beef tenderloin! That pig would have to weigh 2000 lbs! :shock: No offense meant!
wink.gif
I smoke those loins about once a month to make Canadian bacon.

Of course I could be wrong! :roll:
I was wrong once in 1986…wait, no I wasnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t! :oops:

That's kinda what I was gently hinting at in my earlier reply. I suppose some of us are a little more direct than others (usually a fault of mine).

Canadian bacon is an injected product (chemically cured). do you inject yours, brine them or just smoke them?

BTW that 4 leaf clover, shamrock or whatever it is dances way too fast for my eyes, or my brain for that matter. Can you slow it way down? :lol:

Oh, and I'm kinda like you. Once I thought I was wrong, but I doubled checked, and found that I was mistaken.

Merry Christmas All,
Tim

That's kinda what I was gently hinting at in my earlier reply. I suppose some of us are a little more direct than others (usually a fault of mine).

Canadian bacon is an injected product (chemically cured). do you inject yours, brine them or just smoke them?

BTW that 4 leaf clover, shamrock or whatever it is dances way too fast for my eyes, or my brain for that matter. Can you slow it way down? :lol:

Merry Christmas All,
Tim

Hi Tim, Yep. I pump em and brine em for 4-5 days and then I smoke em to 160° so you donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t have to fry, if ya donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t want to (although caramelizing the meat a bit in the pan really sets it off for taste, donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t ya think?) :roll:
I figured I can push these youngunâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s buttons cause Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m an eccentric old curmudgeon! :twisted:
Anyways, I would never smoke a tenderloin…thatâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s grill meat! :shock:

p.s. Tim, to delete a post just click the x by edit at top of file you want to delete

Up in Smoke and Dickeydoobbq, you are absolutely correct.. I guess I've got tenderloin on the brain.. it is indeed a LOIN not a tenderloin.. good thing I'm not a butcher, I wouldn't make much of a living at it. Thanks for the correction x2. I have and will later make these mistakes.. don't be shy about puttin me back in line

Keep Smokin

I donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t know if you guys have ever tried this…but if you brine a loin with salt, honey/dextrose, a few bay leaves, some crushed juniper berries, cloves, water, peppercorns and whatever herbs ya like, then smoke till its 150°, refrigerate and slice real thin like shaved lunchmeat (maybe use a meat slicer), ya got some good eating sammiches with some rye, a little mayo or better yet…some horsie sauce, yummers! :roll:

Tim, on the line that has the date and time that you posted you will find the quote button, the edit button, the up arrow (takes you to the top of the page) and the 'x' button. Clicking on the 'x' button will let you delete the dreaded "double tap". Or send a PM to a Moderator with the Post Topic and we'll delete it for you.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky