Temperature rise

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sorand

Original poster
Jun 30, 2020
Hi,
I just set up my wine cooler as a drying chamber. Unfortunately, it is located in a hot environment of about 30 degrees Celsius. The instructions for this thermoelectric cooler say that the optimal ambient temperature should be 20-26 degrees C. The cooler shows 16 degrees C (even when set to the lowest possible 12 C), which may be fine but when I start the humidifier/dehumidifier the temperature rises to 21 even 23 degrees C. Probably in the winter the ambient heat will be less (about 10-25 degrees) and the internal temperature will drop accordingly.
My questions are:
1. Does humidity affect (rises) the temperature as I suppose?
2. The temperatures I mentioned will allow for a salami to cure and dry properly? This would be my first salami...
Hope to get an answer from you, guys
Thanks

Ok, understand... but now I have this cooler. Will appreciate answers to my questions...

The cooling coils in a compressor fridge, automatically de-humidify the interior... The moisture condenses on the coils....
In a thermo electric fridge, using a de-humidifier, the heat from the motor is too much for the cooler to work... That's my guess....

The cooling coils in a compressor fridge, automatically de-humidify the interior... The moisture condenses on the coils....
In a thermo electric fridge, using a de-humidifier, the heat from the motor is too much for the cooler to work... That's my guess....

Yes, it may be so... But will I have a salami drying at 60-70F with the right humidity? Previously it has fermented, pH was 5.1, so until that point everything seemed ok.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky