Temp Monitoring

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Ed Hernandez

Original poster
Jan 6, 2019
Hey guys, I bought a Thermo Pro TP-08 awhile back it helps me monitor both internal temps of the smoker and meat. Lately, I've noticed that my probe would be about 30-40 degrees off compared to my $10 CharBroil gauges I have at grate level, so my question is has anyone ever bought this probe? Or Maybe have similar issues because my common sense would suggest to believe the expensive probe compared to the little gauges I bought at Walmart. Don't want to think I'm smoking meat at the desired temperature and in reality be cooking colder than what I expected.

I would trust the TP-08 before the others. Like SJ said, test probes in boiling/ice water.

Yup---Once you test & confirm that your Therm Pro is accurate, go by that always.
And position it about 2" or 3" from the meat----Close enough to measure the Temp in the area the meat is in, yet far enough away from the meat to not get a false reading from the cold meat in the beginning of the Smoke.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky